CPU temp high

ZekaX

Hello guys, 
2 weeks ago my motherboard fried, so yesterday I bought new motherboard and power supply. I am testing my PC and I am wondering is my temp to high. 
100 degrees Celsius while gaming not on every core. 
Around 40 degrees Celsius while idle. 

I have default vent. 
GPU temp is around 50 - 70 while gaming, idle 34 
My specs : 
CPU : I7 - 9700KF 
MB MSI MAG B365M MORTAR 
PS : COOLER MASTER MWE WHITE 600 
RAM : DDR4 2 X 8 2400MHZ 
GPU : GTX 1050TI 

Screenshot_127.png

Welcome to the forums!!!

1 minute ago, ZekaX said:

I have default vent.

Not sure what "default vent" is referring to. Any context? What CPU cooler do you have?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

Not sure what "default vent" is referring to. Any context? What CPU cooler do you have?

Intel is experimenting with new stock cooler designs for Alder Lake |  TechSpot

~Snipped~

Ok, so an Intel stock cooler. Were your temperatures fine before swapping motherboards??? Did you clean and repaste new thermal paste? Check to make sure the CPU cooler is properly mounted??? I never used the stock coolers from Intel, as I've used aftermarket coolers.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

So, it looks like it's a known issue that the 9700 is too powerful for the stock cooler to properly cool it:

That's a 2 year old thread complaining about the same issue.  I'd suggest upgrading to a better cooler.  

If your case has the height, and you want to keep it cheap:  The Vetroo V5 is a solid tower cooler, and fairly inexpensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Vetroo-Cooler-Processor-Universal-Addressable/dp/B08F21X2VP

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Ok, so an Intel stock cooler. Were your temperatures fine before swapping motherboards??? Did you clean and repasted new thermal paste? Check to make sure the CPU cooler is properly mounted??? I never used the stock coolers from Intel, as I've used aftermarket coolers.

I am not sure, I didn't check often, but I think it never used to be 100 degrees. I cleaned and repasted new thermal paste.

I am not sure, I didn't check often, but I think it never used to be 100 degrees. I cleaned and repasted new thermal paste.

I'd check the mounting to make sure the CPU cooler is making proper contact with the IHS of the CPU. 

First make sure you have proper mounting pressure and the fan is operational.
Here are some aftermarket cooler options:

• Vetroo V5 - 30 USD ARGB
  • SE 224 XT - 30 USD Black/Grey/White LED
  • H212 Evo - Only if the other two options are not available. 

With the new coolers:

• Mount the cooler properly (inadequate mounting pressure will be detrimental to thermal performance) 
  • Coolers will come with either pre-applied or a tube of thermal paste (Pea size dot in the middle of the CPU will suffice)
  • Most likely the best way to install the fan facing the front (Working with intake fans of case) ex.

• Air cooled Corsair 280x : r/Corsair

I just upgraded from a 9900K to a 12600K with the same cooler (NH-D15) the 12600K runs much cooler. Both the 9700K and 9900K run hot - you will need a far better cooler to bring your temps down.

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

3 minutes ago, ZekaX said:

Thank you all, I am looking to buy https://pc-gamer.me/shop_55456.html this one, so what do you think ?

Not sure that will keep the 9700K cool especially if you plan to overclock it.

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

8 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

H212 Evo - Only if the other two options are not available. 

What's wrong with a Hyper 212 EVO? I have one on a 10700K and it performs great. Keep in mind that is a 8C/16T CPU. 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

What's wrong with a Hyper 212 EVO? I have one on a 10700K and it performs great. Keep in mind that is a 8C/16T CPU. 

The Vetroo V5 is just as good and 15$ (or more) cheaper.

Just now, tkitch said:

The Vetroo V5 is just as good and 15$ (or more) cheaper.

I never even heard of it. But good to know too to recommend to others. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

SE 224 XT and V5 are just better performing options for (~15 USD) cheaper. OP is not in the US so will be recommending H212 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, ZekaX said:

Thank you all, I am looking to buy https://pc-gamer.me/shop_55456.html this one, so what do you think ?

https://pc-gamer.me/shop_56062.html Would go with this, if it isn't over your budget. Even 50 Euros is overpaying for H212 but it might be your best option considering prices on that website. Do you have any other websites you can buy from? 

What case do you have? Send a picture please.

7 minutes ago, ZekaX said:

I wouldn't.  What case do you have?  

Figure out what you have for clearance, and buy a bigger cooler if you can.  

I cleaned cooler, it is just dirty :'D, not dusty

You need to get a rear exhaust fan for that computer. A better cooler is also necessary, but without exhaust, the hot air will mostly stay trapped in the computer.

9 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

SE 224 XT and V5 are just better performing options for (~15 USD) cheaper. OP is not in the US so will be recommending H212 🤷‍♂️

https://pc-gamer.me/shop_56062.html Would go with this, if it isn't over your budget. Even 50 Euros is overpaying for H212 but it might be your best option considering prices on that website. Do you have any other websites you can buy from? 

What case do you have? Send a picture please.

I have https://www.multicom.me/racunari-i-oprema/kuler-za-procesor/svi.html , https://www.tehnomax.me/kategorija/racunari-i-periferije/kuleri-i-oprema/ , https://datika.me/category/laptopovi/racunari-oprema/kuleri/ , https://www.datalink.me/komponente/procesori/kuleri  I think that is all

And yeah, I am sorry for my English, it isn't my native language.