12700K & 3080Ti & DDR5 Build WIP

Budget (including currency):[4]  ~$3200 USD total (converted from ~10k+ ILS) which $2330 of are already spent (on MOBO+CPU+GPU)
That leaves me with about $900 on RAM,PSU,Cooling and a Case perhaps as top priority, secondarily I'll might add a stick of NVMe PCIE4.0 for a boot drive as I don't have any of these cool NVMe's yet. (Only older storages)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

• Competitive gaming shooters, which are CSGO/Overwatch/HaloInfinite and so on (so 144hz&G-SYNC with as many FPS as possible hopefully)
  • Casual recent & upcoming AAA titles, I have a backlog of many big singleplayer titles from the past few years and future ones ASWELL as re-experience older heavier multiplayer games I always had to play on low (GTA V, COD,M&BII etc)
  • Recording and/or streaming my gameplay, whether it be to discord or online on twitch with OBS I want to be able to share my experience smoothly - I have fiber optic internet connection aswell.
  • Occasional* video editing, tbh currently I only edited few videos far and apart but most of it is due to limited recording abilities & frustration of hardware dealing with said softwares. I wish in my new build to get more into this hobby.
  • "Multitasking", basically be worth noting that It's a two monitor setup and I'd love to have stuff open on the 2nd monitor when playing.

Old system:

Spoiler

This is my current build, nothing worth saving apart from storage & maybeeee case.
image.png.36ecec8076907c650d679e047c6d7477.png

Storage from old PC: (x2 SSDs, x2 HDDs)

• Corsair Force LS CSSD-F240GBLS-BK 240GB (2.5")
  • Kingston A400 SA400S37/960G 960GB SSD SATA III (2.5")
  • WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 (WD Green 2TB) (3.5")
  • WDC WD40EZRZ-00GXCB0 (WD Blue 4TB) (3.5")
    First one I'll retire if I have to is probably the 240GB SSD and then 2TB HDD, or at the very least replace with a PCIE 4.0 for boot drive (currently the 240GB 2.5"). But as it stands rn I can have all together at the same time.
    Good chance I'll actually retire both and leave them in my old rig as they are and have an extra computer lying around instead of having 5 whole drives on my new one as it is kinda overkill.

For all my peripherals list that will be using in the new build as well:

Spoiler

image.png.f70dcb239f779c5e7006ed935b824865.png

Other details: NO peripherals needed, going to buy on the 13th at the latest (12/13/21), I play at either 1080p or 1440p at 144hz. (these what my two monitors are)

so finally let's get to what's brewing already and how to complete it with:

WIP Build Part List: (pcpartpicker link)

Green = Already Purchased (in inventory) | Rest = Still considering/need help with

For my new build I think I'm content with the 750W Platinum PSU as my whole system sum is about 660W currently.

The PC will be on the floor & to my left (that means minimal priority on RGB and aesthetics etc)

Footnotes: (Please read,  ...or don't)

Spoiler

[1]: Originally I was recommended with an ASUS ROG Z690-F Gaming (WiFi) which runs me about $170 more than the ASUS Prime Z690-A I ended up going with instead. I had trouble justifying their differences for that price. Realistically I don't feel i'll be cashing out on more than +6000MHz RAM in the future when I'll have initially 5200MHz one at start and maybe only later down-the-line an upgrade where DDR5 becomes more widespread. (But who buys maximum MHz in RAMs compared to slightly slower ones for way less $$$ anyway? - like look at current top DDR4 speeds and their prices where you can get way decent cheaper options running very similarly in performance?).
Plus their CPU overclock capabilities where I doubt I'll need the "full" 5.1GHz the ROG can support for my i7 compared to my current max 5.0GHz (I don't really overclock stuff, plus I'm really confident in my 12700K cruising long term). Oh and all that plus "better audio codec" nobody knows how better plus the few ports more of USB at the back with WiFi as well... all of that for $170~ more. I thought about cheaping out here and spend elsewhere.

Realistically I can go over budget / not get NVMe, return & swap my current board for that as it's still unopened, but that's if I'll be convinced it's worth.

[2]: 
Yea I know currently DDR5 isn't amazing in comparison to DDR4, my goal is to upgrade that once it becomes more available & not break bank (more than it is rn), I already have a DDR5 board and I like the idea better of it long-term. So for starters I'll be having a 5200MHz 38CL or 40CL and by the max 6000MHz my MOBO can support I'll be fine in the future (with better timings amen)
although there are more advanced sticks already in my local retailers, they just cost minimum $200~ more give or take, so I'll pass

[3]: The thing with early 12th gen cooling is half checking which are best and half checking which have LGA1700 socket mounts available. As it stands my region CAN get Arctic's liquid cooling 1700 conversion kits (Liquid Freezer II series is the most available in my country), and Noctua's kits I can find aswell. Sadly Corsair are impossible currently (only EU&NA + no stock), and I didn't bother with the rest. Although 1200 compatible coolers CAN mount on 1700 MOBO, It's not ideal and not long term, so if there's no conversion kit available for me at time of purchase I'd rather not. Also worth noting that my current MOBO can't 100% OC my CPU, so that means no need for overkill cooling ideas.

[4]: Yes, the prices are probably ridiculous if you compare to US, I converted all my options into $ so it will be easier for everyone, It's common and not new in my country to have over-inflated prices for anything but especially electronics, pair that with covid shortages etc this is what we get. All of these prices and products are purchased in best-case-scenario store without tax there and some even are still on blackfriday sales, these are pretty much the best prices I could find locally.
& No, I'd rather not wait even more for better stocks & prices

Get arctic AIO.

For a case, Something like Corsair 5000D airflow, Fractal Design Meshify 2 or similar will be good.

I still think you should have went for DDR4 instead, But motherboard is already bought, So...

On 12/1/2021 at 10:57 AM, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Get arctic AIO.

For a case, Something like Corsair 5000D airflow, Fractal Design Meshify 2 or similar will be good.

Just ordered my free LGA1700 Mounting Kit from them, before I even bought the cooler itself, impressive customer support at arctic.de sending internationally 👏

Both cases look good, price a bit less but is it a trend of more you spend on a case the less fans comes included or what? Will probably come down to what I can find cheapest.

43 minutes ago, Danijongo said:

Just ordered my free LGA1700 Mounting Kit from them, before I even bought the cooler itself, impressive customer support at arctic.de sending internationally 👏

Both cases look good, price a bit less but is it a trend of more you spend on a case the less fans comes included or what? Will probably come down to what I can find cheapest.

This kind of cases come with very low quality fans anyways. Get 5x arctic p12 fans.