Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RAM overclock not working

Maxus_SpieltHD
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Maxus_SpieltHD,

IMPORTANT NOTE: I fixed the issue by just moving the two sticks to the other two RAM slots

Hello, i noticed that in Taskmanager and in CPU-Z both tell me that my RAM is running at 2133/1066 Mhz, but i have my XMP Profile active and set to the max speed of the two Corsair Vengance 8 GB sticks, in theory the Should run at an optimal 3200MHz, does anybody know a solution to this problemimage.thumb.png.e7ee93ca1c189bbb4236defc1edebf94.png 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

DDR is double data rate. Information is sent twice per clock cycle. 1066x2 is 2133. As for 2133 vs 3200 mhz, did you enable XMP in bios?

 

Missed where you said you already enabled XMP.

Does it report 3200 in the BIOS?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU 12900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aero G, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Radeon 6800 XT FE, Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-D15, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2035, Scarlett Solo, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

 

Why is the 5800x so hot?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What brand and model CPU and motherboard?

 

What exact model of RAM? It's something like CMK16GX4M2B3200C16. And there's a version number written on the sticks, next to the voltage. What that number?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to include your system specs either in the post or add it into your profile signature.

Looking through your old posts / threads for clues, you are still running a Ryzen 2700X with a B450 motherboard, correct?

 

If so, the problem is the weak Integrated Memory Controller (IMC) found in Ryzen 1000-series and 2000-series CPUs.

They were vastly improved with Ryzen 3000-series and 5000-series.

It would be pretty difficult to run DDR4-3000+ (it's not impossible, but difficult, and not as easy as activating XMP).

 

I would recommend that you try something first.

  • Active XMP, so the primary / major memory timings, and DRAM voltage is set for you
  • Next manually increase the SOC Voltage up to 1.05V ~ 1.10V
  • See if that works

 

If not.... you may need to try a lower DRAM frequency

  • Active XMP, so the primary / major memory timings, and DRAM voltage is set for you
  • Manually change the DRAM Frequency to DDR4-2933 or DDR4-3000
  • See if that works
  • If it does not work, manually increase the SOC Voltage up to 1.05V ~ 1.10V, and try again.

 

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1346116-gtx-670-random-game-crashs/#comment-14793964

On 6/9/2021 at 1:42 PM, Maxus_SpieltHD said:

... ...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

PSU: Corsair VS550

Graphics Card: Point of View GTX 670 2GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB 3100MHz

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

  • i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz (still tweaking) -- i7-6800K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master -- ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition -- 2x Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 (16GB TridentZ RGB + 16GB Red/Black TridentZ)
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO + 1TB Intel 660p NVMe
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition
  • Ekwb Custom loop
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

Intel Z97 Rig (Secondary)

  • Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

  • FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

 

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2021 at 10:17 PM, IkeaGnome said:

DDR is double data rate. Information is sent twice per clock cycle. 1066x2 is 2133. As for 2133 vs 3200 mhz, did you enable XMP in bios?

 

Missed where you said you already enabled XMP.

Does it report 3200 in the BIOS?

i did and i chose XMP profile two with the 3200 MHz option, i even did it manualy and it changed nothing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2021 at 10:22 PM, --SID-- said:

What brand and model CPU and motherboard?

 

What exact model of RAM? It's something like CMK16GX4M2B3200C16. And there's a version number written on the sticks, next to the voltage. What that number?

i got an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X with and MSI B350 Gaming Plus i think and yeah the number you said matches with the one on the RAM sticks, i never touched the Voltage, i think it still sayes the Standard 1.32 Volts or so

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2021 at 10:39 PM, -rascal- said:

You need to include your system specs either in the post or add it into your profile signature.

Looking through your old posts / threads for clues, you are still running a Ryzen 2700X with a B450 motherboard, correct?

 

If so, the problem is the weak Integrated Memory Controller (IMC) found in Ryzen 1000-series and 2000-series CPUs.

They were vastly improved with Ryzen 3000-series and 5000-series.

It would be pretty difficult to run DDR4-3000+ (it's not impossible, but difficult, and not as easy as activating XMP).

 

I would recommend that you try something first.

  • Active XMP, so the primary / major memory timings, and DRAM voltage is set for you
  • Next manually increase the SOC Voltage up to 1.05V ~ 1.10V
  • See if that works

 

If not.... you may need to try a lower DRAM frequency

  • Active XMP, so the primary / major memory timings, and DRAM voltage is set for you
  • Manually change the DRAM Frequency to DDR4-2933 or DDR4-3000
  • See if that works
  • If it does not work, manually increase the SOC Voltage up to 1.05V ~ 1.10V, and try again.

 

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1346116-gtx-670-random-game-crashs/#comment-14793964

i got my old MSI B350 Gaming Plus back, and i even tried underclocking it but windows still keept reporting i run at 2133 MHz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Maxus_SpieltHD said:

i got an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X with and MSI B350 Gaming Plus i think and yeah the number you said matches with the one on the RAM sticks, i never touched the Voltage, i think it still sayes the Standard 1.32 Volts or so

1,35v but that's not what I want to know. I'm looking for the version number.

e42corsair_modelsticker.jpg.54d6157e4368d400e741be10eedc7357.jpg.365f680c45fffb5d9be067c52b20201d.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2021 at 1:21 PM, --SID-- said:

1,35v but that's not what I want to know. I'm looking for the version number.

e42corsair_modelsticker.jpg.54d6157e4368d400e741be10eedc7357.jpg.365f680c45fffb5d9be067c52b20201d.jpg

4.32

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMPORTANT NOTE: I fixed the issue by just moving the two sticks to the other two RAM slots

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×