New Build for Unreal Engine 5 and Gaming

Budget (including currency): $5000CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Unreal Engine 5, Blender, SketchUp, VectorWorks, Adobe Suite, Gaming

• I am a Set Designer working in Film and I want to upgrade to start learning Unreal Engine 5, and do more complex 3d modelling and rendering. I also want to be able to play games on my own hardware and not Nvidia streaming haha.

Other details:

Parts List:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 
  • CPU Cooler: Undecided 240 AIO
  • Motherboard: Asus ProArt X570
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3200
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
  • Case: Lian Li O11 Air Mini (if it ever releases in Canada)
  • Additional Fans: I was thinking of picking up some noctua fans to fill any vacant fan opportunities.

Existing Parts:

• Storage: 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
  • PSU: Seasonic TX-850 PSU  
  • Monitor: Benq 4k, 32", 60hz

I'm hoping to have all the parts acquired by April, when I will have some time off.

I'm actually upgrading from MacBook Pro, Which is my daily driver and work computer. It gets the job done for what I am currently doing at work but when I start exploring more intensive 3d modeling and rendering its starting to limit me. I built my last computer in 2011 (back when my 480 was top of the line and I bought all my parts for NCIX) but haven't owned a desktop PC since that one died in 2016.

Any feedback or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Some more specific questions i have:

- Is this too overkill for the use case? I don't mind investing the money if it's what needed to ensure my computer can last as strong daily driver/work machine for several years.

- Is the 850w enough? I don't plan on overclocking.

Thanks again in advance!

overkill in pricey items, when we are unsure about future tech releases.

850w can be enough, that GPU would want a good PSU.

not sure how long lasting it would be, as these platforms change a lot.

but some good choices or what you can build, I guess. Nvidia that has more raytracing capabilites which for 3D content could be more important (for gaming its a bit inbetween). to the performance of AMD CPUs. although newer chips from others have done a good job too, like the recent intel and others in certain workloads. due to various heatloads of 3090 cards or rather highend cards, there has been some issues around that and how to deal with the heat.