New pc for 3d scenes in real time

Ironide

Budget (including currency): 3.500 4000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: BLENDER, UNREAL.

Other details : No existing parts . Brand new pc 

What are you expectations for performance? I've only used Blender myself, but for anything complicated (lot's of mesh objects), with physics simulations, or with high fidelity textures you are going to want effectively as much RAM, CPU, and GPU (power and VRAM) you can fit in your budget. Regardless, you're not going to be getting anywhere near real-time for rendering.

Do you have a starting point for your build in mind?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

It would depend a lot on how complex a scene you need rendered in real time. You could very easily create a scene in which no computer ever made can render it in real time

I was thinking the same CPU and MOBO for ram i had in mind the G.Skill Trident  Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM (2x16GB) 3600MHz and in future to buy one more of this set and an evo 970 or 980 pro SSD.

4 minutes ago, Ironide said:

I was thinking the same CPU and MOBO for ram i had in mind the G.Skill Trident  Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM (2x16GB) 3600MHz and in future to buy one more of this set and an evo 970 or 980 pro SSD.

Make sure you quote or tag people if you're replying to them, otherwise they won't know you responded.

Same CPU and motherboard as what?

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, RAS_3885 said:

Make sure you quote or tag people if you're replying to them, otherwise they won't know you responded.

Same CPU and motherboard as what?

CPU Ryzen 5 5600x Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming i thought you replied me with parts xD 

Just now, Ironide said:

CPU Ryzen 5 5600x Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming i thought you replied me with parts xD 

Ah, nope, those are my parts in my signature, not my recommendation.

If you're truly targeting 3D rendering I'd go for something with a higher core count than the 5600x. 5800x or above for AMD is what I'd recommend, especially if you plan to use any sort of physics simulations for Blender. I really notice those slow down with only six cores in my 5600x, however, it's fine for me since gaming was the primary goal of my computer with some Blender fun on the side.

RAM is good speed-wise and capacity wise for starting. Although, with that much budget you might want to go for 64 GB instead. This will depend on the complexity of scenes you are trying to render. Any insight here as to what your goals are?

Finally, you'll want a good GPU (or two). Blender using cycles (or even Eevee) really benefits from as much GPU as you can throw at it for the budget. More VRAM the better.

Just now, RAS_3885 said:

Ah, nope, those are my parts in my signature, not my recommendation.

If you're truly targeting 3D rendering I'd go for something with a higher core count than the 5600x. 5800x or above for AMD is what I'd recommend, especially if you plan to use any sort of physics simulations for Blender. I really notice those slow down with only six cores in my 5600x, however, it's fine for me since gaming was the primary goal of my computer with some Blender fun on the side.

RAM is good speed-wise and capacity wise for starting. Although, with that much budget you might want to go for 64 GB instead. This will depend on the complexity of scenes you are trying to render. Any insight here as to what your goals are?

Finally, you'll want a good GPU (or two). Blender using cycles (or even Eevee) really benefits from as much GPU as you can throw at it for the budget. More VRAM the better.

Oops my bad i meant Ryzen 9 5900X  

You should be aiming to get something similar to this: 

+ good GPU, Such as 3080 ti or 3090

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor (€722.44 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€94.49 @ Aquatuning) 

Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard (€218.99 @ Mindfactory) 

Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€115.89 @ Alternate) 

Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€115.89 @ Alternate) 

Storage: Mushkin Pilot-E 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€205.94 @ Computeruniverse) 

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A ATX Mid Tower Case (€124.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€109.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Total: €1707.54

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-30 21:36 CET+0100

6 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

You should be aiming to get something similar to this: 

+ good GPU, Such as 3080 ti or 3090

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor (€722.44 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€94.49 @ Aquatuning) 

Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard (€218.99 @ Mindfactory) 

Storage: Mushkin Pilot-E 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€205.94 @ Computeruniverse) 

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A ATX Mid Tower Case (€124.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€109.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Total: €1707.54

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-30 21:36 CET+0100

do you think 1000W power supply is overkill or waste of money because some GPUs require 850w minimum

11 hours ago, Ironide said:

do you think 1000W power supply is overkill or waste of money because some GPUs require 850w minimum

850W will be enough with this build +3090. 1000W won't be overkill, But I would not recommend paying a lot more for it. 

2 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

850W will be enough with this build +3090. 1000W won't be overkill, But I would not recommend paying a lot more for it. 

ok thank you

16 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

with physics simulations, or with high fidelity textures you are going to want effectively as much RAM, CPU, and GPU (power and VRAM) you can fit in your budget

In that case

Board

Cpu

Rams

The rest of the parts (excl gpu)

Baseclock of the epyc cpu is very low but it boosts up to 3ghz on single core and 2.4ghz on multicore when stock, although for best performance just shove multi to 30 in asus zenstates software so all cores will run 3ghz, you could prob also do abit of undervolting aswell for lower temps abd lower power consumption

There are cheaper boards but the asus krpa-u16 should work fine for a workstation unlike supermicro h11 boards which may have some issues highlighted in This sth thread although you might still run into a few of these issues

32gb ddr4 2400 dimms are surprisingly cheap so 4x32 of those is 320$, low speed but then again you should be able to overclock them to a higher freq like 2666 or 2800

Theres still ~1800eur for the gpu so maybe a 3080ti

Drawback for a system like this is gaming performance cause epyc cpus dont clock high, unless you get an oem sample that ends in 05 or an es sample that can run agesa 1.0.0.3 and be p state overclocked via zenstates, but then youd need some active vrm cooling so they dont catch on fire and prob an evc2 to bypass ocp for any decent overclock, you can look at sth for more info on these epyc cpus.

Also make sure to ask the seller of the cpu is vendor locked or not cause that will basically make the cpu not work on your board unless its a board with the vendor that the cpu is locked to

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

In that case

Board

Cpu

Rams

Baseclock of the epyc cpu is very low but it boosts up to 3ghz on single core and 2.4ghz on multicore when stock, although for best performance just shove multi to 30 in asus zenstates software so all cores will run 3ghz, you could prob also do abit of undervolting aswell for lower temps abd lower power consumption

There are cheaper boards but the asus krpa-u16 should work fine for a workstation unlike supermicro h11 boards which may have some issues highlighted in This sth thread although you might still run into a few of these issues

32gb ddr4 2400 dimms are surprisingly cheap so 4x32 of those is 320$, low speed but then again you should be able to overclock them to a higher freq like 2666 or 2800

Drawback for a system like this is gaming performance cause epyc cpus dont clock high, unless you get an oem sample that ends in 05 or an es sample that can run agesa 1.0.0.3 and be p state overclocked via zenstates, but then youd need some active vrm cooling so they dont catch on fire and prob an evc2 to bypass ocp for any decent overclock, you can look at sth for more info on these epyc cpus.

Also make sure to ask the seller of the cpu is vendor locked or not cause that will basically make the cpu not work on your board unless its a board with the vendor that the cpu is locked to

@Ironide More info OP

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

In that case

Board

Cpu

Rams

ok thanks  i will have it in mind