Pc not booting past Bios.

Phoenyx

Hi everyone.

My pc shut down playing Escape from Tarkov. I had some issues with the output from time to time, but never this problematic. I tried to turn the pc back on and after the Mainboard logo showing and me being able to go into the bios, I get a light black display output, without anything happening. I tried booting from a different drive thinking that windows 11 might have bugged out, but there was no change in the result. I also tried reinstalling windows from an usb, with the same result. 

Other things I have tried:

On and off

Turning Power supply off

Removing m.2 with windows 11 on it

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Specs:

16GB DDR4 

rx 590 Fatboy 

r5 3600x 

750 Watt Gigabyte Power supply

Considering you mention output problems and have not mentioned trying anything with your GPU I'd explore that option now. For starters check the power connections to the card and make sure it is seated properly. If at all possible try a different GPU (possibly someone nearby has a old GPU you can just use for troubleshooting) to see if that is the issue. 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

1 hour ago, creesch said:

Considering you mention output problems and have not mentioned trying anything with your GPU I'd explore that option now. For starters check the power connections to the card and make sure it is seated properly. If at all possible try a different GPU (possibly someone nearby has a old GPU you can just use for troubleshooting) to see if that is the issue. 

Thanks for the answer.

The Card itself seems to have power, based on the blue led lighting up on the card itself when connected to the power supply. I considered output as well, but then the Mainboard Manufacturer logo shouldn't show up on the screen, right? Only at the point of loading anything after the Manufacturer logo, the output is black, not disconnected but just giving out light black seemingly like having no signal.

I have ordered a rx 6600xt and will updated this topic, once I have tested it with the new card.

3 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

750 Watt Gigabyte Power supply

The explosive one? GP-P750GM

Brand and model of RAM?

What BIOS version is the motherboard running?

@--SID-- @creesch Little Update. 

I have installed the new graphics card, a msi rx 6600xt gaming x. The result ist the same. I have also updated the bios to the latest version 4602 (Mainbboard B450-F Gaming II). 

I also switched out the RAM. Neither my 2x8GB of the G.Skill Aegis Ram (DDR4) nore the 2x8GB Vengeance RGB Pro (DDR4) changed the outcome. The Power Supply is an P850GM.

At this point I will create a bootable drive for windows 10. I am open for any other Ideas because I have non.

4 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Supply is an P850GM

Explosive also?

13 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I will create a bootable drive for windows 10

Good idea