Best Cheap ( < 25$ USD) Pocket Stuffers?

nosirrah123

I need some new pocket stuffers! (IEM that you take on-the-go) I'm sick and tired of buying 10$ off-brand earbuds and having them break immediately, so I want to know what the best low-price earbuds are! Durability is a big deal for me, and so is how easy cleaning them is, I've got a lot of earwax (gross I know). I listen to dubstep, but I still like a focus on detail and soundstage over bass. I know that there is probably another thread for < 25$ IEMs but the search bar isn't working for me, so I can't find it :\.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Sony EX50LP are some good cheap earbuds. They will last a while as well.

Quote me to get a reply!

$10 Sony or Apple earphones will do

hellooooooooo

Buy toilet paper itll stuff your pockets really good

I tried it but it didn't have very good soundstage.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

MeElectronic makes some good earbuds at that range, had a pair for about a year until it was destroyed in the washer. Surprised that it lasted that long since I feed my earphones through the back. The Sennheiser CX215 is also a good choice and it has a mesh cover to protect the drivers from earwax. If your earwax problem is that bad i suggest cleaning your ear of the stuff before using headphones (just the outer most part of your ear canal is fine, no need to dig for gold now).

I like my sony xba-1s that I bought for $40 like a year ago on sale but they are only $25 now. Can't complain about them but then again I haven't used many IEMs so take that with a grain of salt. Also, I'm not so sure about the build quality but at $25 I'm not sure if you can find some rock solid ones. 

(IEM that you take on-the-go)

Ummm... basically every IEM ever?

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

$10 Sony or Apple earphones will do

no please no the apple earbuds are so bad i cant eaven fit em in my ear and i cant almouset hear anithing

no please no the apple earbuds are so bad i cant eaven fit em in my ear and i cant almouset hear anithing

So you're saying you cant fit normal earbuds in your ear? Okay...fyi i was talking about the original eabuds, not the new ones.

hellooooooooo

So you're saying you cant fit normal earbuds in your ear? Okay...fyi i was talking about the original eabuds, not the new ones.

i talked abbout the new ones i dont know about the old ones

Some v-moda in ears.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well for that kind of money you're not going to get anything durable, but if you are willing to spend $40 then you can get Ultimate ears 500's on amazon. They were discontinues by Ultimate ears a while ago, they used to be $70 and come with a pocket travel case. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YKG2XM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0KCPWXZ0D0A3FR8HWT5E&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846)

Well for that kind of money you're not going to get anything durable, but if you are willing to spend $40 then you can get Ultimate ears 500's on amazon. They were discontinues by Ultimate ears a while ago, they used to be $70 and come with a pocket travel case. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YKG2XM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0KCPWXZ0D0A3FR8HWT5E&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846)

Those reviews though -__-

If you want studio monitors, I would say go Yamaha HS5. If not, the speakers I linked earlier would probably do wonders.

Sorry wrong thread. God this is what happens when you have more than 1 open at the same time lol. 

I know but for that money you cant do much better.

JBL J33 are $50 so no point in spending $40 for that. There are things at $25 that are durable enough but does not sound great per say. Ultimate ears isn't even that great. 

Edit: Actually, you should probably just go for Sennheiser CX 300 or CX 200 for their warranty if you are worried about build quality. 

My Sony MDR-EX37 have lasted for over a year without issues, and i don't really take care of them. Also they sound good and they are cheap.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

My Sony MDR-EX37 have lasted for over a year without issues, and i don't really take care of them. Also they sound good and they are cheap.

I have those, and while they're nice to carry around, the sibilance annoys the hell out of me. Probably won't be an issue to anyone who doesn't own $200 headphones like I do.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Sennheiser CX range are pretty good and should be within budget.

Nothing to see here - move along.

I have those, and while they're nice to carry around, the sibilance annoys the hell out of me. Probably won't be an issue to anyone who doesn't own $200 headphones like I do.

That drives me nuts. I've basically given up using IEMs for the most part. 

soundmagic e10

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.