Problem with dell power edge r210 ii

Nulltooth23

I have 2 dell poweredges both the same model and I tried to boot them up earlier to find that all it would display was a line in the top corner could this be due to the fact I am using a gpu inside it not the internal graphics because I don’t have a vga monitor 

Do you have access to iDRAC/IPMI? It can happen on any computer really that supports onboard graphics where you have to change the primary display adapter setting in the BIOS from onboard to PCIe but from my experience when you do you usually don't get any signal at all. You apparently are getting some sort of output at least.

What GPU are you using? You can usually get adapters inexpensively.

I cannot get access to the iDRAC as all the ports are closed down also I am using a gt1030 as it’s what I had to hand 

2 hours ago, Nulltooth23 said:

I cannot get access to the iDRAC as all the ports are closed down also I am using a gt1030 as it’s what I had to hand 

Do either of these systems have any configuration that you're looking to preserve? If not you can try resetting CMOS. May or may not do anything for you.

If you're really despite look around your house or other living space for TVs. It's not uncommon for some to support VGA. That'd at least get you somewhere.