Corrupt Bios?

Joe Picente
Go to solution Solved by Tech87,

I would start by clearing the CMOS. That should get it to boot again, assuming it's a bios setting causing the issue.

Hi all, reaching out for any help I can get. I recently built a sleeper pc inside a Macintosh LC II case. Running 5800x, Corsair vengeance 3600 (32Gb), and Asus X570-I motherboard.

Ran the system for about 2 weeks and decided fo adjust the fan curve again in Bios. All I did was adjust CPU fan and chassis fan curves, saved changes and exited. Now the system refuses to post. It gets stuck on DRam when trying to boot. The system has been 100% stable and my adjustments to the fan curve were slight, no way it somehow overheated to death trying to boot. 

Anyone know what I can do? I’ve reseated the cpu and ram but still stuck on the dram post code. The motherboard doesn’t have bios flash back and it won’t boot, am I stuck if it’s the bios?

13 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

I would start by clearing the CMOS. That should get it to boot again, assuming it's a bios setting causing the issue.

You’re an honest to god life saver. It posted again. I got caught up in the whirl of people complaining about no bios flashback on this board and thought I was stuffed haha. Definitely had panic mind vs a clear one. 

16 minutes ago, Joe Picente said:

You’re an honest to god life saver. It posted again. I got caught up in the whirl of people complaining about no bios flashback on this board and thought I was stuffed haha. Definitely had panic mind vs a clear one. 

Glad it worked out.

Take care!

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.