Transfering Origin games to EA play?

BaidDSB

Hi. I have Gamepass ultimate on PC so i also have the ea play desktop app.

Now i bought Fifa 22 on steam and it opened on Origin. Issue is, both cant stay open at the same time and i cant find the fifa 22 purchase on EA play desktop.

Can i transfer my game from Origin to Ea play and never open Origin again?

Should just have to login with your EA Account and it should be available to you. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

15 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

Hi. I have Gamepass ultimate on PC so i also have the ea play desktop app.

Now i bought Fifa 22 on steam and it opened on Origin. Issue is, both cant stay open at the same time and i cant find the fifa 22 purchase on EA play desktop.

Can i transfer my game from Origin to Ea play and never open Origin again?

Yes, they sync both by the EA account. I have games that were redeemed on Origin, EA Desktop, EA Play (which is now just EA Desktop), Steam through both EA Desktop and Origin and Epic through Origin, all work everywhere

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

1 hour ago, SlashedM said:

Yes, they sync both by the EA account. I have games that were redeemed on Origin, EA Desktop, EA Play (which is now just EA Desktop), Steam through both EA Desktop and Origin and Epic through Origin, all work everywhere

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Should just have to login with your EA Account and it should be available to you. 

1 hour ago, SlashedM said:

Ya but on EA it says i have less than 10 hours of playtime.

But i bought the game....

34 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

Ya but on EA it says i have less than 10 hours of playtime.

But i bought the game....

Thats because Steam games don't even show up in Origin either, they never fully sync libaries. They sync in the account, but Steam games do not show up in Origin or EA Desktop's library (welcome to EA). However, you should still be able to Launch FIFA using Steam, and have it utilize EA Desktop (as long as EA Desktop is in the background)

29 minutes ago, SlashedM said:

Thats because Steam games don't even show up in Origin either, they never fully sync libaries. They sync in the account, but Steam games do not show up in Origin or EA Desktop's library (welcome to EA). However, you should still be able to Launch FIFA using Steam, and have it utilize EA Desktop (as long as EA Desktop is in the background)

so do i uninstall origin?

5 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

so do i uninstall origin?

You can if you want. I personally would keep it, as EA Desktop (while being better organized imo) still lacks in a lot of features, but if you're just using it because "its required" than you can go ahead and uninstall Origin. 

2 hours ago, SlashedM said:

You can if you want. I personally would keep it, as EA Desktop (while being better organized imo) still lacks in a lot of features, but if you're just using it because "its required" than you can go ahead and uninstall Origin. 

didnt work. it needs origin installed.

IS EA planning to replace Origin? i see no reason to keep 2 desktop apps

9 hours ago, BaidDSB said:

IS EA planning to replace Origin? i see no reason to keep 2 desktop apps

They are, don't know when however. EA Desktop is just in Beta still, and has been for like a year now

• 7 months later...

I have a similar problem related to FIFA 22. I wanted to transfer this game from Origin to EA play. However, I got an error about the transfer, and the platform requires me to enter FIFA 22 Key when transferring. Still, I have no keys for some reason. Is it possible that this is a platform bug, or was I given a key when I bought the game? If anyone had a similar problem and managed to solve it, please share the solution with me. I urgently need to transfer this game, as I am selling my Origin account to a friend. But I still need this game and would like to continue playing it. Appreciate any piece of advice.