Set Android App priority to High.

Pres2Hack

The short story is that in Europe Raspberry PI is very expensive and I ran PI Hole on an android device, but other processes are interrupting the smoothness of simple browsing.

So I want to change the priority of the app to higher just like in task manager on windows (the phone is rooted). What I'am asking is if there is a way to do that?

(If somebody wants me to make a guide on how to run Pi Hole on old android phone leave a comment, there's not a single add in my house rn)

2 minutes ago, Pres2Hack said:

The short story is that in Europe Raspberry PI is very expensive

Not really? Can't comment for your country specifically of course but here (also Europe) it isn't. 

and I ran PI Hole on an android device, but other processes are interrupting the smoothness of simple browsing.

So I want to change the priority of the app to higher just like in task manager on windows (the phone is rooted). What I'am asking is if there is a way to do that?

Well the simplest method is removing all apps and processes that aren't strictly needed for PI Hole to remain running. You might want to try a custom rom that is as close to AOSP as possible so you are sure you aren't dealing with manufacture bloat. 

If you happen to start the process from a commandline within android (not within a container) you can give nice a go which is a linux shell utility to change the priority of an application. Negative values mean higher priority so something like 

nice -n -20 piStartUpCommand   

(If somebody wants me to make a guide on how to run Pi Hole on old android phone leave a comment, there's not a single add in my house rn)

I am going to guess Termux or through something like Linux Deploy? I dunno but generally why not include that info in the first place? Obviously people might be interested 🙂

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.