Future build price estimate

SX12C

Hi, I'm not building a PC yet, but I'd like to ask a question.

Since I recently got a well paid job and, for now, have a luxury not to pay bills etc, I'm planning on saving money for an absolute robust build, obviously not the absolute best money can buy, but the best that make sense buying (like if some part costs twice as much as an alternative but gives only about 5% more performance, it's absolutely not worth the money).

So my question is, how much money, in rough estimate, should I save up in order to buy such parts?

PC will be mostly used for gaming, though I edit videos and record from time to time in premiere pro and obs, but it's secondary thing to me.

I only need the PC itself for now, because my peripherals are still fine, and I'll think about upgrading them after buying those PC parts.

I live in middle/eastern europe, poland to be exact, but you can give me the price range in USD.

And I know that new parts will come out during this time, gpu and other parts prices will change (hope that they change for better), but I only need very rough estimate, price range I need to save.

Thanks for help!

If it's not absolute top range, in normal times, it's anywhere from 1500-2000$. I don't know what the VAT is like in poland, but something along those lines.

7 minutes ago, Revioli said:

If it's not absolute top range, in normal times, it's anywhere from 1500-2000$. I don't know what the VAT is like in poland, but something along those lines.

I might have phrased it wrong, I meant almost absolute top range, what I mean was eg. if I could buy an ssd or ram that's a bit faster, but it's double the price, I'd rather stick to the slightly worse but half the price ssd/ram
I might really be speaking gibberish, and performance in high spec parts might go linear with price, cause I never really was into hardware outside what's posted on LMG channels and similar, but what I meant was, I want an absolute best spec, but if cheap out on some part without dropping overall performance significantly, I'll choose the cheaper one

Typically around the 2000 USD range is a decent price point to get a mid-high end PC. You can easily spend around 4000 USD on the top end though. It really depends what you want to do with the PC whether a 4000 USD would be worth it for you.

Do you plan to run a lot of programs while gaming? Have multiple monitors? Bunch of background task running (one drive, google drive, drop box, etc.)? Want to play upcoming and current AAA games with no compromise? In that case the 4000 USD PC would be worth it.

One monitor, only running one game with 1-2 other programs running? Playing non-AAA games or willing to lower some settings to play AAA games? the 2000-2500 USD would be a good budget to go for.

Expect to spend US$ 2,000 - 3,000 for a very good system, not including the GPU. GPU pricing and availability are highly variable. At the moment for example, RTX 3080 Ti are listed in pcpartpicker between US$ 1,900 and 3,700.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.