Talking myself in and out of doing a Black & White build

MorbidNature

So iv'e been debating with myself on using for a white case (maybe the corsair 5000d airflow) my issue is the fact im reusing a lot of my parts GPU/MB/Fans, that im not sure if it will work out aesthetically.

So if anyone has any tips on black and white builds i'd love to hear them

The only parts that i might get in white are the AIO, the ram and the cables..

here are the parts iv'e got so far

GPU: Since buying a any GPU is not an option right now Im going to stick with my asus 2070 SUPER EVO OC -  which is black

Motherboard: i like my current Motherboard (Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite) so that's going to stay as well - Also Black

Fans: So i love Noctua and ive been using them for years ill probably use the Chromax ones i have already - Also Black

If all your components are either white or black, then unless I'm missing something, you're fine. Are you just concerned there may be too much black?

I also went the black and white route with my rig, even if everything inside is blacked out, it doesn't necessarily look bad, and any pop of white will obviously make things stand out. I have all Noctua chromax.black fans, so I bought some of their white interchangeable anti-vibration pads to add some accent. Originally, I had a U12S chromax.black cooler, and Noctua also makes face plates, namely in white, you can put on their coolers as well. I've since switched to an Artic Liquid Freezer II 280, but it has a black/silver design that still goes pretty well.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200712095516126_COVER.jpg

The picture is old, but it gives you an idea. I since changed out the GPU, case (Corsair 4000D white), and cooler, as I mentioned. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything about the GPU and mobo LEDs as they were both just solid red, but at least they matched.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 hour ago, Chris Pratt said:

If all your components are either white or black, then unless I'm missing something, you're fine. Are you just concerned there may be too much black?

I also went the black and white route with my rig, even if everything inside is blacked out, it doesn't necessarily look bad, and any pop of white will obviously make things stand out. I have all Noctua chromax.black fans, so I bought some of their white interchangeable anti-vibration pads to add some accent. Originally, I had a U12S chromax.black cooler, and Noctua also makes face plates, namely in white, you can put on their coolers as well. I've since switched to an Artic Liquid Freezer II 280, but it has a black/silver design that still goes pretty well.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200712095516126_COVER.jpg

The picture is old, but it gives you an idea. I since changed out the GPU, case (Corsair 4000D white), and cooler, as I mentioned. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything about the GPU and mobo LEDs as they were both just solid red, but at least they matched.

Thanks

the black interior looks a lot better than i though it would and the white anti-vibration are a great idea (i think i might still have a few around). Took me a second but i see you also switch out out the PSU shroud, i dont have a spare one laying around but that something i might try spray painting myself

25 minutes ago, MorbidNature said:

Thanks

the black interior looks a lot better than i though it would and the white anti-vibration are a great idea (i think i might still have a few around). Took me a second but i see you also switch out out the PSU shroud, i dont have a spare one laying around but that something i might try spray painting myself

No. That case is the Fractal Meshify C. The photo was taken before I switched to the Corsair 4000D.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 hours ago, MorbidNature said:

Thanks

Thats a 100% stock white meeshify c

https://www.newegg.com/fractal-design-meshify-c-white-tg-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811352087?item=N82E16811352087&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-pc-_-pla-_-cases+(computer+cases+-+atx+form)-_-N82E16811352087&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhf2MBhDNARIsAKXU5GTYu-xCPjQjCMIGezpTsLIJXks0xHnch92o-Hh_3iAPGHtw2ok-Yn0aAiNfEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

No. That case is the Fractal Meshify C. The photo was taken before I switched to the Corsair 4000D.

Ah, what made you switch?

Personally im not sure i like the Meshify front panel, like i get what they were aiming for but im not sure i like it

10 hours ago, MorbidNature said:

Ah, what made you switch?

Personally im not sure i like the Meshify front panel, like i get what they were aiming for but im not sure i like it

The main motivation was that I got a 5900X and wanted to upgrade my cooler to the Artic Liquid Freezer II 280, but it wouldn't fit in the Meshify as top exhaust. It fits in the 4000D, if only barely, and I didn't want to go any bigger.

I never minded the look of the Meshify front panel, but it was an absolute PIA to remove. I think they improved that on the Meshify 2, but the 4000D front panel is ridiculously easy to remove.

4 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

The main motivation was that I got a 5900X and wanted to upgrade my cooler to the Artic Liquid Freezer II 280, but it wouldn't fit in the Meshify as top exhaust. It fits in the 4000D, if only barely, and I didn't want to go any bigger.

I never minded the look of the Meshify front panel, but it was an absolute PIA to remove. I think they improved that on the Meshify 2, but the 4000D front panel is ridiculously easy to remove.

LOL, im pretty much doing the same thing right now... Just bought a 5800X 😄

I might going overboard but im thinking going for a 360 Rad i know its overkill, but im spoiling myself

22 minutes ago, MorbidNature said:

LOL, im pretty much doing the same thing right now... Just bought a 5800X 😄

I might going overboard but im thinking going for a 360 Rad i know its overkill, but im spoiling myself

It's fine. If you have the room for it, you might as well. Like I said, I just didn't want to go any bigger on the case. The 4000D is actually a little bigger than I wanted to go, but I didn't want to go less than 280mm on the rad. The 5800X actually runs hotter than the 5900X, anyways, so it's probably for the best.