Ryzen 5600X NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm?

CPU cooler  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What cooler should i go with

• Keep my old cooler - Cooler Master ML240L V2 RGB
    • Buy NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm
    • Buy other cooler

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on Nov 24, 2021 at 07:00 AM

Budget: 2000 Swedish kr ($200)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow six, Factorio, Forza Horizon 5, and many more games. Also some movie watching.

Other details: I have a Cooler Master ML240L V2 RGB right now but think the fans are to loud and the CPU temps are a bit to high for my liking, around 40 to 50 idle and or simple web browsing. I'm doing a big upgrade to my rig right now and have bought a NZXT h510 flow that might help with cooling but not the sound level. I'm open to other ideas as well but im going for a more simple style now and a bit more on sound performance and not as much cooling performance but that be nice to.

Unless your case is literally completely sealed off, liquid cooling a 5600X is unnecessary. Something like a Hyper 212 will do fine at stock, but you would only need a 240mm AIO if you aggressively overclocked it for multiple hours every day. Liquid coolers noticeably degrade with time, so if yours is going on a few years of use, those temps aren't abnormal.

the pc guy

3 minutes ago, Forleb said:

Unless your case is literally completely sealed off, liquid cooling a 5600X is unnecessary. Something like a Hyper 212 will do fine at stock, but you would only need a 240mm AIO if you aggressively overclocked it for multiple hours every day. Liquid coolers noticeably degrade with time, so if yours is going on a few years of use, those temps aren't abnormal.

I bought the pc not even a year ago everything brand new so it shouldn't have degraded that much, but my current case is a cheap one with things that look like vents on a picture but in real life is completely sealed which is why I bought a new case today with actual air flow. Btw I was using PBO before but the temps where horrible and it was stuck at 2.6GHz 1.4V so I had to turn it of.

1 minute ago, Retrokiller543 said:

I bought the pc not even a year ago everything brand new so it shouldn't have degraded that much, but my current case is a cheap one with things that look like vents on a picture but in real life is completely sealed which is why I bought a new case today with actual air flow. Btw I was using PBO before but the temps where horrible and it was stuck at 2.6GHz 1.4V so I had to turn it of.

Yeah that sounds odd. PBO is less restricted with Zen 3, so the combination of it drawing more power + the AIO working harder is probably to blame. The H510 Flow lives up to its name, so as long as you can tame PBO in your bios, you'll be fine.

the pc guy

2 minutes ago, Forleb said:

Yeah that sounds odd. PBO is less restricted with Zen 3, so the combination of it drawing more power + the AIO working harder is probably to blame. The H510 Flow lives up to its name, so as long as you can tame PBO in your bios, you'll be fine.

Yeah and barely felt any difference in game with it so don't really mind leaving it off for now, but maybe that's cause I have a placeholder GPU (a 1660 super) and can't really let the CPU run at max cap. Will try PBO again when my new Radeon RX 6700 XT arrives later this week with the case. 

59 minutes ago, Retrokiller543 said:

Yeah and barely felt any difference in game with it so don't really mind leaving it off for now, but maybe that's cause I have a placeholder GPU (a 1660 super) and can't really let the CPU run at max cap. Will try PBO again when my new Radeon RX 6700 XT arrives later this week with the case. 

You generally always want your CPU outpacing your GPU in games. If the CPU is pegged at 100%, you're going to have a lot more issues than just low frames, whereas GPUs are intended to be saturated for maximum video performance specifically. The CPU still has to manage the entire computer, so giving it breathing room is always wise, and a 5600X + 6700 XT will be a good balance.

the pc guy