Problem installing ubuntu 20.04

I think I have a problem with the installation of Ubuntu. My professor ask me to install Ubuntu on my laptop alongside Windows 10, I followed the steps that the official website gave me but the process stucked in this and it's been ages since that... I don't know what to do now, I really appreciate it if someone could help me. Idk a thing about computers so please be patient. Thanks in advance!

IMG_20211120_172735180.jpg

Is it able to access the internet?  You could try disconnecting the internet for a minute and reconnecting to see if it cancels the network time synchronization process. 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

9 minutes ago, Yuri Fury said:

Is it able to access the internet?  You could try disconnecting the internet for a minute and reconnecting to see if it cancels the network time synchronization process. 

I did try what you told me but nothing happened

IMG_20211120_180728118.jpg

Could you open up a terminal and type 'sudo timedatectl status' and post the output of that command here?

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

16 minutes ago, Yuri Fury said:

Could you open up a terminal and type 'sudo timedatectl status' and post the output of that command here?

1637429391137443347526371434555.thumb.jpg.2e514fb5a9b77b55492831054db19fd1.jpg

Just now, Aasifa11 said:

1637429391137443347526371434555.thumb.jpg.2e514fb5a9b77b55492831054db19fd1.jpg

Sorry I was adding the ''

16374295232965898026972109058335.jpg

It looks like Ubuntu is trying to find a network time server but isn't getting anything.  You could try disabling ntp with

sudo timedatectl set-ntp 0

or

sudo systemctl stop systemd-timesyncd

but it might be necessary to restart the ubuntu install process and when you get to the "select a timezone" screen make sure the 'ntp' checkbox is not checked. 

Okay I'll try with that and keep you updated thanks a lot... I was feeling really helpless 🤧

1 hour ago, Yuri Fury said:

It looks like Ubuntu is trying to find a network time server but isn't getting anything.  You could try disabling ntp with

sudo timedatectl set-ntp 0

or

sudo systemctl stop systemd-timesyncd

but it might be necessary to restart the ubuntu install process and when you get to the "select a timezone" screen make sure the 'ntp' checkbox is not checked. 

1637434606607431210231838916644.thumb.jpg.32859e41df9c3ff05a6092a1ff7c1e9f.jpg

11 minutes ago, Chunchunmaru_ said:

Try to do an offline install without the network

Okay so I simply close the current install window and start all over without connection? Sorry but I ask because Idk if it's okay this way..

Now it's supposedly installed but when I restart bios never shows the boot for Ubuntu... Someone can tell me what's going on now? I did try to find ubuntu on settings but I couldn't..

16374401945586944418847020938868.jpg

I don't know much about the specific bios for your system, so you might have to do some digging on the correct BIOS options; but from what a quick google search returned there may be a "select UEFI file as trusted for executing" option in your BIOS (esp. if you're using secure boot; you may need to set a password on your BIOS to unlock the option).  As a confirmation you can also boot the ubuntu live installer and check that the EFI partition on your system contains a directory for ubuntu (if you run fdisk -l /dev/<your hard drive> usually the EFI partition should be listed). 

Again, I don't have this BIOS and I don't know what options you have. 

7 hours ago, Yuri Fury said:

I don't know much about the specific bios for your system, so you might have to do some digging on the correct BIOS options; but from what a quick google search returned there may be a "select UEFI file as trusted for executing" option in your BIOS (esp. if you're using secure boot; you may need to set a password on your BIOS to unlock the option).  As a confirmation you can also boot the ubuntu live installer and check that the EFI partition on your system contains a directory for ubuntu (if you run fdisk -l /dev/<your hard drive> usually the EFI partition should be listed). 

Again, I don't have this BIOS and I don't know what options you have. 

Okay, thanks so much, I'll keep it trying! I'm going to update when the problem is resolved

On 11/20/2021 at 9:30 PM, Aasifa11 said:

Now it's supposedly installed but when I restart bios never shows the boot for Ubuntu... Someone can tell me what's going on now? I did try to find ubuntu on settings but I couldn't..

Doesn't look happy

Is secure boot disabled?
You may need to re-create the EFI entry manually, even through windows with some utilities

Have you tried rebooting windows in safe mode, then choosing "boot to another device" or something similar, an entire boot selection should appear

On 11/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, Aasifa11 said:

Ok, I had this issue too, change your BIOS to Legacy mode and set the installation destination as the primary.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

On 11/20/2021 at 9:50 AM, Aasifa11 said:

I think I have a problem with the installation of Ubuntu. My professor ask me to install Ubuntu on my laptop alongside Windows 10, I followed the steps that the official website gave me but the process stucked in this and it's been ages since that... I don't know what to do now, I really appreciate it if someone could help me. Idk a thing about computers so please be patient. Thanks in advance!

IMG_20211120_172735180.jpg

Disable secure boot. That's number one. It's only a hindrance when going to install Linux. Secure boot serves really no purpose here. Other than to further serve MS's monopoly on consumer machines so that consumers can't install any other OS than Windows.