First PC build looking for advice

maplebottle

Budget (including currency): Around 2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Games that I will likely be playing will be Minecraft, humankind, Microsoft flight sim, VR with oculus quest through a link cable (usb-c needed) and future releases.

Other details:  There is both a SSD and HDD the SSD will be used to store the OS and other important apps and the HDD to store everything else. I plan on getting a 1440 p monitor but that is not a priority right now. The graphics card can change just as long as it is a 3060 or better for around 900 or less. My parts that I am unsure about are my motherboard and the cooler (AIO or air).

Part list:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
  • CPU cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 75 CFM 
  • Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX
  • Memory: G.Skill trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3600
  • Storage:   SSD:  Samsung 970 Evo plus 500GB M.2    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB XC 
  • Power supply: Corsair RM 650 W 80+ gold fully modular
  • Case: Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid tower

Pc part picker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mGzBNP

CPU: A fine choice. 

Cooler: You should probably go for something lower end like the Sythe Fuma 2. An AIO isn't anywhere near necessary for a 5600X

Motherboard: A fine choice.

RAM: Check the CAS latency and make sure you're getting something CL16 or lower (without spending an arm and a leg)

SSD: The SN750 is usually cheaper and performs about the same. Ever since Samsung jacked the prices on the 970 Evo, they haven't really been a good value. 

HDD: A fine choice.

GPU: For a $2000 budget, you can get a lot better than a 3060. If you get lucky, you can fit a 3080 in here (given you find one at MSRP). If you have to buy scalped, you can get a 3060Ti or maybe even a 3070, two cards that are much faster than the 3060.

PSU: A fine choice. I might go for the 750w version, but the 650w will do just fine for the parts you're getting.

Case: Swap it out for the airflow version (4000D Airflow). 

Just so you know, you didn't copy the permalink for the PCPartPicker page, you only copied your URL. You want to copy this link

image.png.e89aed4ab1738b619ef73046a38591b1.png

I would get a placeholder card or try to use the Newegg shuffle or something similar.

For 2000 USD you shouldn't have a 3060.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

3060 for 900 is awful value, even with the current situation. Try getting a 6600 XT (between 3060 and 3060 Ti) or 6700 XT (between 3060 Ti and 3070, even better than 3070 in some cases), these cards often have much better value than Nvidia cards at the moment. 

If the 12600K + Z690 are in budget these would be a big improvement. You will probably be GPU bottlenecked in most games, so don't expect much difference but this will be more future proof for when you upgrade or do other CPU heavy tasks. Minecraft is an exception, that really uses the CPU a lot.

Without knowing the price I'm pretty sure the SSD will be overpriced like most Samsung's. Get an SN750 or A2000 instead.

This build is quite even with spending of different components. I myself have a Oculus headset specifically the quest 2. I am also using the link cable but I have a 3060 ti. Now, VR with the 3060 ti is not bad by any means but it's still VR and you get the occasional Fps hitches. So see if you can get a 3060 ti for a good deal.