AMD fTPM not working (Ryzen 5 2600x)

Go to solution Solved by Trissetant,

It worked !

After removing all the gigabyte junk and flashing my bios, fTPM works just fine ! I am currently upgrading to Windows 11.

Hey !

I wanted to prepare my computer for a future update to windows 11, and saw that my Ryzen 5 2600x was supposed to be fully compatible.

So I went into the Bios and turned on "AMD fTPM" , and when I restarted, The computer got into system recovery, saying that it was "unable to run Winload.efi".

I decided to put everything back to normal - which worked totally fine - and thought that it might just be that my windows 10 install was not compatible due to it being installed with the fTPM module disabled.

But a few days ago, I burned a windows 11 ISO just to check if it was compatible, and after turning back on the fTPM, my install CD was not able to boot (if I recall correcly, it either told me my computer was not compatible or crashed and restarted).

The manual of my motherboad (B450 Aorus Pro Wifi) suggests that I buy a TPM module, but I read online that Ryzen CPUs already had some sort of TPM 2.0 built-in.

Maybe a Bios update is required ?

Sorry for my bad english !

Tristan

What mode is secureboot in? You'll want to install factory keys after turning on the fTPM

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

17 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

What mode is secureboot in? You'll want to install factory keys after turning on the fTPM

The secure boot is off, I just tried turning it on to standard mode, then turn on the fTPM, then restart and the system got in recovery mode :/

Update :

I did a little more research on it, seems that Gigabyte software enters in conflict with the fTPM.

I will try updating my BIOS and uninstalling all the gigabyte software (rip RGB TT).

I will put an update after doing it, hopefully it will solve my problem !

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/bsod-on-boot-when-amd-ftpm-is-enabled-in-bios/td-p/155436

It worked !

After removing all the gigabyte junk and flashing my bios, fTPM works just fine ! I am currently upgrading to Windows 11.