How Many People Total Participate in Folding@home?

Im asking because I want to make a youtube video about Folding@home to get the word out a little more. A quick google search says 56k users, do you think this is accurate? Also once I upload it would you guys like me to post it on the forum? It wont just be about what Folding@home is, I feel I have a descent view point on something that we could do to greatly improve the number of people participating.

i will when my computer is up and running. i think that is a pretty good estimate and sure show it on the forum it would be cool

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Currently there are 531 participants including myself, also I'm at 276 which is pretty good considering I'm only rocking a CPU at this moment in time.

EDIT: Ohh in total, I thought you just meant the LinusTechTips team, well there could be 56,000+.

I think Whaler would be the best to ask, he seems to know quite a lot about it.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

The Tracking sites can only track so many - so here is what I have:

Total Users (active and not active): 1,113,130 - There are more - this is just the cutoff...

Total Teams (active and not active): 6,000 - There are more - this is just the cutoff...

There are over 10,000 active folding users (I stopped looking after that - there are more)

There are over 2,500 active folding teams

As for a video - if it is related to Folding - you can post it. Just remember, it must abide by the forum rules - no direct advertising, no requests for likes, subs, comments, etc...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99