PC hard Freezing during multiplayer only. Lots of trial and error not yeilding solutions.

Silvir

1 - Here is the conundrum. The entire PC freezes in multiplayer so you have to reset it and thus there is no proper log made of what went wrong. So sadly no crash dumps to share i have talked with some others about that and they are stumped on what to do.

The PC works just fine in singleplayer
The owner mainly plays things like Kitaria fables, Stardew Valley, Don't starve.
But also has gotten into some Valheim and Raft recently.
Now the big issue here is that Valheim and Raft seems to work just fine in single player longest played time is about two hours before getting bored.
But the moment we try to play multiplayer the game lasts maybe 20 minutes. Now we did upgrade to an SSD instead and that pushed some gameplay moments up to above the one hour mark. I also want to point out that these crashes are not very predictable they vary from 10 minutes up to around 1 hour.
More games are planned for testing later on. But previous plays on Stardew Valley and Don't starve showed no issues in multiplayer.

2 - Okay so sadly it is not my PC so i have limited access to what i can do.  One big reason is that we live far apart I am in Sweden they are in the US.
Info i have so far on it.
No over clocking of any kind user is not knowledgable enough to know about or do such things!!!!

it is a CyberpowerPC prebuilt from around 2017-18 or so using
Windows 10, 64
1 terabyte SSD (switched this recently trying to see if that fixed it)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Sniper Z170
GPU: MSI Nvidia 1060 3Gb
Gigabyte 16Gb Ram
CPU: Intel i7 7700 4.2Ghz
PCU: (my guess is a 600W unit of some type)
Checked the HDD health then switched the HDD to an SSD just in case.
Reinstalled the games
Tried to find crash dumps but sadly due to the freeze the computer was unable to log them.
Monitored computer performance during gameplay.
CPU - load and heat is fine and within normal parameters
GPU - load and heat is fine and within normal parameters
RAM - load and heat is fine and within normal parameters
HHD - Load peaking and slowing down the PC from time to time but solved trough replacement.
SSD - seems fine as well.

I am completely out of ideas at this point. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem??

If you havet tried that yet, my 1st suggestion is to install latest drivers for a network card / chipset from gigabyte and see if that helps.

ps. On further thinking - try disabling windows defender, just to see if it crashes or not.

1 hour ago, Vjekoslav11 said:

If you havet tried that yet, my 1st suggestion is to install latest drivers for a network card / chipset from gigabyte and see if that helps.

Hmm i assumed the Driver booster covered that but now that you say it I am not so sure any more. I will give it a look

Edit: I cant do the update at the moment, but it seems the updating program covers networks adapters and chipsets.

Edited by Silvir

Recent update on things.
Windows reinstalled - Got a watchdog DCP blue screen after that but hasn't reappeared after some fixing with the drivers for the SSD
Windows defender turned of - Yielded no result sadly.

The one thing Valheim and Raft has in common so far is that both are early access Unity games.
And i have found that Unityplayer.DLL has caused a lot game crashes known bug but that has only been game crashes so far that i know. Will test more games now.