Programs that allow easy disabling of devices through the system tray? (w10)

Arika
Go to solution Solved by tkitch,

Ahh, missed that.  Could make two batch files, one to disable, one to enable:

netsh interface set interface "Local Area Connection" DISABLED
netsh interface set interface "Local Area Connection" ENABLED

(Or a single batch file, with a pause or two in the middle, so it sits there disabled until you poke a button to re-enable it)

I'm looking for a program that allows single-click disabling/enbling of devices on windows 10 with the button in the system tray. Every now and again i need to disable my ethernet so i can do things through wifi (i have 2 networks), currently i have to go into control panel > network and sharing center > change adapter settings> right click ethernet > disable. Wifi is easy to turn on and off, i want something similar for ethernet networks.

I have a program called Touch Tray Toggle which does exactly this, but i have it set to another device and unfortunately you can't run two instances of it, it just looks like this

image.png.b8d6c594d06634c273cec6a777af268d.png

Is there any other simple way of doing this in one click, i've tried adding a shortcut of the adapter to my network, but it only allows either enabling or reenabling of the device when right clicking regardless of if it's enabled or disabled, it doesn't seem to update based on it's current state. EG, it is currently disabled and right clicking on the shortcut still only gives the option to disable.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, tkitch said:

make a shortcut on the desktop, and you can right-click disable

Just now, Arika S said:

've tried adding a shortcut of the adapter to my network, but it only allows either enabling or reenabling of the device when right clicking regardless of if it's enabled or disabled, it doesn't seem to update based on it's current state. EG, it is currently disabled and right clicking on the shortcut still only gives the option to disable.

needs to be able to enable and disable.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

(Or a single batch file, with a pause or two in the middle, so it sits there disabled until you poke a button to re-enable it)

4 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Was going to suggest this. Only downside is you have to run it as admin meaning it's 2-click not 1-click. 😛

Just now, Windows7ge said:

Was going to suggest this. Only downside is you have to run it as admin meaning it's 2-click not 1-click. 😛

better than how many i have to do! Or just create shortcuts and set them to run as admin (still technically 2 clicks)

Just now, tkitch said:

this will work. I'll leave it as the 2 bat file just to make things easier. thanks for the help 🙂

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒