Fun Park PC

quantacide

Building a PC that will be used for everything from remote access to Blender renders and neural networks. A Fun Park PC of sorts where I just want it to have the power there if I need it. 

Budget (including currency): $1750 (new parts, does not include GPU)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Blender, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Lightroom, T-Rex Miner, Citrix

Other details

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor    $649.99    
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler    $69.95

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS PRO ATX LGA1700 Motherboard    $329.99    
Memory: Crucial 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-4800 CL40 Memory    $429.06

Storage:

Western Digital Black 6 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive   

Seagate FireCuda 520 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive    

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case: $149.99    
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply: $119.99    

What am I missing? I had gone back and forth between i7 and i9 but wanted the extra 2 cores and the turbo speed. PSU could be more powerful but I will probably only run 1 GPU given how difficult they are to get. In the future the CPU will be liquid cooled AIO (have a NZXT Kraken Z73 waiting for a LGA 1700 bracket) and if I go w/ more than 1 GPU I will upgrade the PSU. 

A U9S is definitely not going to be able to be able to effectively cool the 12900K, and there's really no reason to go with that if you have a full size ATX case. This chip can push a D15 to the limits, so even as an interim, you need something better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

3 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

A U9S is definitely not going to be able to be able to effectively cool the 12900K, and there's really no reason to go with that if you have a full size ATX case. This chip can push a D15 to the limits, so even as an interim, you need something better.

I've got the NZXT Kraken Z73 but waiting on a LGA 1700 bracket. 

Any other cooler options you can suggest I am all ears. 

6 minutes ago, quantacide said:

Any other cooler options you can suggest I am all ears. 

Like he said, the Noctua D15 should do the trick.

Or a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 perhaps?

All of those coolers are too tall for the Lian Li. 155mm max height. 

Am wondering given the TDP of the 12900K, the Noctua NH-U9S performance, and that I won't get the NZXT bracket until mid/late November, if it is just better to get a different AIO. Thoughts? 

19 hours ago, quantacide said:

Gods sake just use some 40cm zipties and just ziptie it to the cpu, shouldnt be hard to get a semi decent mount considering i rum my cheap 92mm chinese tower without even mounting it at all and temps are still decent

On 11/8/2021 at 1:11 PM, Chris Pratt said:

ya I would upgrade to either a 360 rad or a D15

Already have a 360MM AIO. D15 doesn't fit. Doesn't make sense to upgrade the air cooler if I'm going liquid cooled but am open for suggestions. I like the NZXT so will wait for that mounting bracket. 

Or follow the below suggestion... 

4 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Gods sake just use some 40cm zipties and just ziptie it to the cpu, shouldnt be hard to get a semi decent mount considering i rum my cheap 92mm chinese tower without even mounting it at all and temps are still decent

... zip ties and electrical tape.