Intel Core i7-2600 on an Acer IPISB-VR rev 1.01 motherboard

Hey, I'm wondering if I can get a little bit more use out of my old motherboard with a better CPU. The problem is that my motherboard only has a 4 pin eps connector. Now, I'm wondering, can my motherboard handle the i7-2600? I'm guessing no one can say for sure since there is no supported cpus list for my mobo, but maybe can have some meaningful information?

18 minutes ago, stormman34 said:

Hey, I'm wondering if I can get a little bit more use out of my old motherboard with a better CPU. The problem is that my motherboard only has a 4 pin eps connector. Now, I'm wondering, can my motherboard handle the i7-2600? I'm guessing no one can say for sure since there is no supported cpus list for my mobo, but maybe can have some meaningful information?

Throw in an e5 1230 v2 or better, basically a server counterpart of the i7 with slightly better silicon so better undervolting ability, v2 cpus are ivy so they are decently efficient esp if you decide to undervolt (undervolt is acheivable in throttlestop but pad mods will also work), any less then a 1230 and its just an i5