Group Petitions White House to Ban Google Glass

Source

I realize that there are many privacy concerns and such associated with something like Google Glass but is it so much that it deserves to be banned? So far only four people have signed the petition but whats not to say that more people will sign it.

is there some background to this you could give us?  What's the problem with google glass and why would they ban it?

The group, which I haven't been able to find the name of, claims that Google hasn't clearly stated where in U.S. communities Glass can or can't be used, so they want the product banned until guidelines to protect the privacy of children, friends, and family are put in place.

"privacy concerns" ?? can't think of anything you wouldnt be able to do with your smartphone already?

Just a biologist. Yea, don't know what I'm doing on a tech forum either?

ah ok, it seems partially rational but with what Joey1203 mentioned it seems like a hasty reaction considering what we can already do with other devices.  lol tell the "right" to blow it out their... oh look msi came out with a mechanical keyboard!

Yeah, I think there will always be people who stress over their privacy even though there are countless other things out there already that do basically the same thing: take pictures, record video, and access the internet. If anything it'd be easier to spy on someone with a smartphone rather than a Glass.