Question about temps for my GPU

MistahHaskins

So I have been playing Call of Duty: Vanguard and I love it but my 1650 Super is running at 72c on 100% load, and I was wondering what temp is considered unsafe territory for the 1650 Super!

I am using the Zotac 1650 Super Twin-Fan GPU if that helps for anything!

DISCLAMER: I am not worried about the current temps as I know they are pretty good for a GPU but I just want the information for future reference

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 BE  |  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC  | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200mhz  |  Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2  |  Storage:  WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD  |  Case:  Corsair 4000D Airflow  |  Power Supply: Corsair CX650w Bronze Series

83C is the point where all Nvidia GPUs starting with IIRC Kepler are designed to run. My 680, 1080, 1080Ti, 980Ti, 2080, and 3080 all hovered right around that point, staying at most 3C below at most.

The 1650 super is still a Nvidia GPU that is designed to run at 83C, it's just that it draws a lot less power than all the full die GPUs like the 1080Ti and 3080. The coolers put on those cards are way overbuilt for what they are. Craft Computing, for example, made a 1650 (Super) into a single slot GPU and it still didn't thermal throttle, only losing 10% performance at most. Therefore, they all stay below that 83C figure. As long as you stay below that number and frequency doesn't start to drop, you're fine.