Are amd radeon pro series GPU's worth it?

mimimi

I am looking at building a workstation that I can mainly use for CAD(mainly SW, but might switch to NX for example), programming and possibly some deep learning. I also want to occasionally be able to game on the thing. Currently, I am looking at AMD radeon pro graphics cards, since they score pretty well on the benchmarks, provide supported drivers and they are reasonably priced(relatively speaking). Particularly a radeon pro w6600 for 757 euro's, a pro w5700 for 480 euro's or a pro wx 8200 for 480. I have also no clue how to pick one of these so any help is appreciated. My budget is between 400-800 for a GPU. Thanks in advance!

Edit: upon further inspection I suspect that a 480 euro w5700 or wx 8200 is a scam listing.

Those Radeon Pro GPUs should do good for CAD, and for games it'll be similar to a 6600 (non XT).

As for deep learning, AMD is totally a no go as of today, your only option in that area is nvidia.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

1 hour ago, igormp said:

Those Radeon Pro GPUs should do good for CAD, and for games it'll be similar to a 6600 (non XT).

As for deep learning, AMD is totally a no go as of today, your only option in that area is nvidia.

That kind of sucks. It's pretty hard to find a GPU thats kind of good at everything even when it doesn't need to be the best in anything. I think my only option would be a Quadro RTX4000. I can find these for less than a radeon pro w6600.

1 hour ago, mimimi said:

That kind of sucks. It's pretty hard to find a GPU thats kind of good at everything even when it doesn't need to be the best in anything. I think my only option would be a Quadro RTX4000. I can find these for less than a radeon pro w6600.

That quadro should do good, and should be on par with a 2070 (non super), which is about ~5% better than a the w6600.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

23 minutes ago, igormp said:

That quadro should do good, and should be on par with a 2070 (non super), which is about ~5% better than a the w6600.

Thanks for your help!