3080ti suddenly no signal while gaming

Crysis_TJQ

Hello guys. I recently got a desktop from ibp with a 11th gen i9 and 3080ti. The first GPU shipped dead so I asked for a warrenty replacement.

The second 3080ti i believe it was a gigabyte aorus. It was all fine while I install it. I did two times pressure test, time spy. It seems a good GPU. However, after about a week or so while i was gaming LOL one night. The monitor suddenly black out and there is no signal output. So i have to restart the system. The first time the system reboot successfully so I went back for gaming. But after about 20 mins. The problem happened again. But after this time, the system never boot successfully. I checked every thing in the system. In the end, the system bootst after I replace the 3080ti with my old gt710. It was so weried and I could not know what is going on. The fans of 3080ti was running fine but it just could not be access into the system. Aftert that, I tried to find the problem but there is even no detect of 3080ti plug in bios setting. The pcie slot was shown as N/A. AND VGA light was RED. 

Sorry for myy format is hard to read or something else. It is the first my I post question and the problem is blowing my mind these days. 

If someone could help me with this situation could be great. Thank you for your time and help. 

Is it more likely it is a dead GPU or there is something else in the system is broken

On 11/2/2021 at 1:01 AM, Crysis_TJQ said:

Is it more likely it is a dead GPU or there is something else in the system is broken

Not always.

I have had several things stop my high end video cards from working.

Spikes.

I fixed this by using 1000 watt PSUs.

Faulty cables.

Usually PCIe cables but once 24 pin motherboard cable.

HDMI cables.

2.1 cables not up to spec. I am replacing one today.

Windows black screen bug.

https://forums.evga.com/Comprehensive-Windows-10-Black-Screen-Trouble-shooting-Guide-m3131813.aspx

The 3080 ti/3090 use more power stock than my RTX 2080 ti do overclocked. The worst is my EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 that uses 400 watts stock and 450 watts overclocked. 

So far I have replaced one computer case that was fine with 2080 ti but has become hot box with a 3080 ti. I am replacing another this week.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

14 hours ago, Crysis_TJQ said:

Hello guys. I recently got a desktop from ibp with a 11th gen i9 and 3080ti. The first GPU shipped dead so I asked for a warrenty replacement.

The second 3080ti i believe it was a gigabyte aorus. It was all fine while I install it. I did two times pressure test, time spy. It seems a good GPU. However, after about a week or so while i was gaming LOL one night. The monitor suddenly black out and there is no signal output. So i have to restart the system. The first time the system reboot successfully so I went back for gaming. But after about 20 mins. The problem happened again. But after this time, the system never boot successfully. I checked every thing in the system. In the end, the system bootst after I replace the 3080ti with my old gt710. It was so weried and I could not know what is going on. The fans of 3080ti was running fine but it just could not be access into the system. Aftert that, I tried to find the problem but there is even no detect of 3080ti plug in bios setting. The pcie slot was shown as N/A. AND VGA light was RED. 

Sorry for myy format is hard to read or something else. It is the first my I post question and the problem is blowing my mind these days. 

If someone could help me with this situation could be great. Thank you for your time and help. 

Gigabyte Ampere card, black screen...

Were you playing New World MMORPG?

7 hours ago, TheeShadowStorm said:

what is the rest of the system spec? motherboard, psu

its 

Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-11900KF Processor (8X 3.50GHz/16MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE AX
Power Supply: 800 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold

I request a warrenty and replace a new 3080ti. It is now runing fine. But Im afraid the problem would happen again.

8 hours ago, jones177 said:

Not always.

I have had several things stop my high end video cards form working.

Spikes.

I fixed this by using 1000 watt PSUs.

Faulty cables.

Usually PCIe cables but once 24 pin motherboard cable.

HDMI cables.

2.1 cables not up to spec. I am replacing one today.

Windows black screen bug.

https://forums.evga.com/Comprehensive-Windows-10-Black-Screen-Trouble-shooting-Guide-m3131813.aspx

The 3080 ti/3090 use more power stock than my RTX 2080 ti do overclocked. The worst is my EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 that uses 400 watts stock and 450 watts overclocked. 

So far I have replaced one computer case that was fine with 2080 ti but has become hot box with a 3080 ti. I am replacing another this week.

I considered about those things as well. The 30 series consume so much power that my 800W power supply may not hold it.

But now I request a warrenty for a new 3080ti. Now it is runing ok. But without know the cause of previous problem I afraid it would happen again. 

I searched for same problems online and seen some simliars. Looks like the 3080 series have some black screen problems. 

Hopefully the replacement of graphic card could solve the problem and it never happen again.

39 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Gigabyte Ampere card, black screen...

Were you playing New World MMORPG?

Nope. I heard about the NEW world could damage 3080 and 3090 GPUs. 

I was playing League of Legends. But it is a just light game that even intergrated gpu could run the game, it should not consume so much power for damage a 3080ti

24 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Brand and model of the PSU?

Power Supply: 800 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold

I bought the prebuilt system from ibp. I know it is not a great PSU. Im consider to replace it with another one. 

1- New world does not damage cards, bad build cards are the issue

2- that really seems like a PSU issue , these cards need loads of power

3- run all without any OC even XPM just leave all stock

4- monitor temps with HWinfo 

Work with IBP first to determine if they will replace/upgrade your PSU. You bought your computer from them, they're on the hook for your hardware failing to work for you.