First Keyboard. Need Help Finding One That Suits My Needs

MischievousToast

I am currently looking for a wired keyboard with RGB lighting. I have been trying my hardest trying to research myself but always tend to find issues with keyboards I want or the ones that do interest me cost way too much. I do not plan on gaming with the keyboard. I much prefer controller. I also want this puppy to last a while. So, more than 5 years. I'm not gonna waste peoples time so I'm just gonna lay out what I want.

• Wired
  • RGB
  • Under $100
  • Not mechanical because I find them way too loud, but not keys that are like a laptop keyboard

Also, I need a pad for my wrists. Something under $15.

I really appreciate anyone who helps me. Would save me a tremendous amount of time 

On 11/1/2021 at 3:48 AM, MischievousToast said:

• Wired
  • RGB
  • Under $100
  • Not mechanical because I find them way too loud, but not keys that are like a laptop keyboard

Also, I need a pad for my wrists. Something under $15.

I can understand geo3 laugh on this one, the mechanical being too loud. You must be thinking only on clicky switches, there are silent mechanical switches as well if you're wondering, even then the usual linear switches like the red are no way near loud.

If you stil don't want mechanical keyboards then I guess you can go for the new corsair or razer keyboards, that are membrane.
thing with membrane keyboards is that they're just fine being a keyboard, but their rubber dome stiffens over time and the biggest down side of them all, once they break, you can't really change them, different compared to mechanical keyboards where you can change the switches individually and way more flavor to choose.

Rii - RK900.  Still have mine.  Still works.  Highly recommend.

As far as mechanical, that's a myth, as others above have posted.  Mechanical switches are a rabbit hole of styles, preferences, and build options that will all result in a different feel and sound to the keyboard.