Clarify in community standards...

pythonmegapixel

... that the "No bypassing security restrictions" rule applies even if people are trying to gain access to their own equipment.

I think it is fairly clear why this is a thing (how can we be sure that they are telling the truth about it being their own equipment) but considering how often threads get locked for it, I think it would make sense for it to be explicitly stated in the community standards like this (see my underlined addition):

• Discussion on engaging in hacking or cracking is not allowed, including:
    • Bypassing security features (even if you own the device or data you are trying to access), restrictions, or filters (including parental filters, school restrictions, or workplace monitoring)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.