sound from d5 pump

shinegull

I've just finished a new hardline loop, and putting it through the 24 hour test. I've set the pump to run at 100% for now, planning to lower it to less later. So far, Im about an hour 20 minutes in, and I'm still getting some sort of sound. the sound is somewhat quiet.  but its somewhat similar to an old spinning mechanical hard drive or a cable hitting a fan blade. not quite grinding, and not quite rattling. sort of like a crackling. it started out fairly consistent. I thought it was air bubbles, so tilted the pc every way i could. its a o11 mini ekwb distro plate with a  d5 pump. the tilting helped most of it. but there still some remaining. Sound is very faint in video.

Any idea what it is, and what could help? Also, what percent of rpm should i set pump to?

I wouldn't worry. Pretty sure there's no way you need to run the pump at 100%. I've got a D5 and only need to run it at 40%

I just tune mine by noise. Find a nice spot that's as fast as you can get it before it makes much noise. Give that a try and see how your temps go. I recommend Argus Monitor for a nice piece of software for tuning so you can ramp them up if need be if the temps rise too high occasionally.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

11 hours ago, keskparane said:

I wouldn't worry. Pretty sure there's no way you need to run the pump at 100%. I've got a D5 and only need to run it at 40%

I just tune mine by noise. Find a nice spot that's as fast as you can get it before it makes much noise. Give that a try and see how your temps go. I recommend Argus Monitor for a nice piece of software for tuning so you can ramp them up if need be if the temps rise too high occasionally.

I woke, up pump running at 100 %, sound was gone. I dropped the pump rpm to about 40%. sound came back full blast. it sound like a fan blade is hitting a cable except fans arent running

20 minutes ago, shinegull said:

I woke, up pump running at 100 %, sound was gone. I dropped the pump rpm to about 40%. sound came back full blast. it sound like a fan blade is hitting a cable except fans arent running

the sound disappears if i tilt the entire pc 45% forward. but since i cant leave it like that....

Just now, shinegull said:

I've also noticed another sound, similar to a ticking sound

please. sound is almost making me want to undo the entire loop, replace the pump