First PC Build

forresty

The power supply is way too expensive, for 550 watts you should be looking in the 50 dollar range, not 80. Also you can find cheaper ram out there, unless you really really want that sweet rgb. Finally I would say to go for a 1tb SSD instead of a 1tb hdd and 500gb SSD

What's your budget? Are you planning to get a dedicated GPU and just waiting on availability or do you plan to use the iGPU indefinitely?

The 5600G is about on par with a 3600 in CPU performance. That's still decent, but if you can stretch your budget, the 5700G is a much better buy. That's assuming you actually need the iGPU. If you are planning to add a graphics card, then the tradeoff in CPU performance for the iGPU is not going to be worth it in the long run. You'd be better off just trying to find a cheap interim graphics card like a 1030 GDDR5 and going with something like a 5600X.

If you do plan on keeping the iGPU, then you're going to want faster than 3200MHz RAM. Since the iGPU will be using system RAM, the clockspeed of the RAM will actually have a significant impact on your gaming performance. I'd go for 3600MHz CL16.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

24 minutes ago, krishsax said:

The power supply is way too expensive, for 550 watts you should be looking in the 50 dollar range, not 80. Also you can find cheaper ram out there, unless you really really want that sweet rgb. Finally I would say to go for a 1tb SSD instead of a 1tb hdd and 500gb SSD

LOLOLOL!!!!

Please don't tell people they should buy garbage power supplies.

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

LOLOLOL!!!!

Please don't tell people they should buy garbage power supplies.

not saying that, there are way better ones that are reliable at the 50 dollar mark (for the price)

Just now, krishsax said:

not saying that, there are way better ones that are reliable at the 50 dollar mark (for the price)

Link?

10 minutes ago, krishsax said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8P7CmG/evga-bq-500w-80-bronze-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-110-bq-0500-k1 

lotta people be flaming evga these days but Ive used their products, theyre a great company imo, also something like a cv450 isnt bad

You said better.  That's not better.  And also, where do you get "more reliable" from?

YOU haver used their products and have had good experience.  But if the failure rate was 90% (not saying it is) and you were one of the 10% that hasn't had issues, you'd still say it's reliable?

You're going to recommend an ACRF PSU over an LLC one?  A Bronze efficiency over Gold efficiency?  A semi-modular over a fully-modular?   50 watts less?  A 5 year warranty over a 10 year warranty?

And then say it's "better" for less money?

Just now, jonnyGURU said:

You said better.  That's not better.  And also, where do you get "more reliable" from?

You're going to recommend an ACRF PSU over an LLC one?  A semi-modular over a fully-modular?   A 5 year warranty over a 10 year warranty?

not saying its better in terms of performance, that would be stupid if it were that way. Im saying that you can get a cheaper psu that works just fine for less than the one that he selected. Personally, i dont care if a psu is modular, semi or non because most cases nowdays have a psu basement. Im not tryna argue with you over a stupid conversation, this is supposed to help someone,

2 minutes ago, krishsax said:

Im not tryna argue with you over a stupid conversation, this is supposed to help someone,

Ok.  I'm not going to argue with you either.

6 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

YOU haver used their products and have had good experience.  But if the failure rate was 90% (not saying it is) and you were one of the 10% that hasn't had issues, you'd still say it's reliable?

You're going to recommend an ACRF PSU over an LLC one?  A Bronze efficiency over Gold efficiency?  A semi-modular over a fully-modular?   50 watts less?  A 5 year warranty over a 10 year warranty?

I do definitley agree with the first statement tho

4 minutes ago, krishsax said:

not saying its better in terms of performance, that would be stupid if it were that way. Im saying that you can get a cheaper psu that works just fine for less than the one that he selected.

There is a reason as to why it's cheaper....

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

Just now, Elisis said:

There is a reason for why it's cheaper....

yeah obv

thanks a lot guys, also, yes, I think i should get a 1tb SSD, and I'm fine with the 5600 ntegra graphics as im planning to buy a gpu when they aren't worth more than gold lmao. About the power supply, maybe you are right, will check with a pc builder and get back to u guys. Also, should i get a 3600, as its cheaper? Tell me if i need to fix more stuff.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kV8cW3

also, this pc will be used for casual gaming and some school work, so i think a 3600g is better, lmk what yall think

15 minutes ago, forresty said:

thanks a lot guys, also, yes, I think i should get a 1tb SSD, and I'm fine with the 5600 ntegra graphics as im planning to buy a gpu when they aren't worth more than gold lmao. About the power supply, maybe you are right, will check with a pc builder and get back to u guys. Also, should i get a 3600, as its cheaper? Tell me if i need to fix more stuff.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kV8cW3

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ Best Buy Canada) the stock cooler will do, you can always upgrade if it gets too hot.
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Canada Computers) much better board.
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3733 CL17 Memory  ($99.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 510 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($64.99 @ Best Buy Canada) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.80 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.88 @ Canada Computers) just in case you upgrade to a 3070 or 3080 in the future.
Total: $847.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-29 23:10 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

shouldn'I just get the 1tb ssd?

why both?

Just now, forresty said:

shouldn'I just get the 1tb ssd?

why both?

you can swap it out with a 1TB SSD if you really want.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/VXyqqs/silicon-power-p34a80-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-su001tbp34a80m28ab

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, forresty said:

guys this is my final specs for my first build, look here https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/r9psz7

tell me if anything is wrong, im gonna buy it

the H510 is a hot box, avoid and get something with a mesh panel instead.

you will need the iGPU on the 5600G for the PC to work unless you already have another GPU.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($292.25 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.58 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Canada Computers) has wifi built-in.
Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($110.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Storage: Kingston A2000 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.17 @ Vuugo) faster SSD.
Case: BitFenix Enso Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.88 @ Canada Computers) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.88 @ Canada Computers) 
Total: $908.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-30 11:43 EDT-0400

13 hours ago, krishsax said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8P7CmG/evga-bq-500w-80-bronze-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-110-bq-0500-k1 

lotta people be flaming evga these days but Ive used their products, theyre a great company imo, also something like a cv450 isnt bad

That is USA pricing. The op is in Canada according to his pcp link. That EVGA psu is $79.99 there. The RMx is worth the extra $10.

it surreal to think that linus, a famous youtuber, is actually Canadian.

There...

Use your existing GPU untill you buy a new one...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($374.98 @ Best Buy Canada) 

Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($136.74 @ Amazon Canada) 

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($102.99 @ PC-Canada) 

Storage: Silicon Power P34A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($137.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($76.33 @ iSanek) 

Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($89.88 @ Canada Computers) 

Total: $918.91

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W