My GPU utilization is low and ruining my PC

Spacecrisp.

Hi my graphics card utilization on my pc has never got passed 85 in games and constantly drops this has decreased game performance and made them crash and made me have to stream completely from my CPU. I think this is a software based problem as it has been like this ever since i tried crypto mining i have deleted all the files but i had Bulgard antivirus which seamed to block them but somewhat hid them so I cant delete all the files idk if this is the problem but that is a possible reason I have now got norton antivirus run the performance tasks nothing worked, tried using msi Afterburner nothing worked, I reinstalled drivers and tried everything can anyone help me please :). For refernce i have a Zotac Gaming 3070TI

Thank You

8 minutes ago, Spacecrisp. said:

Hi my graphics card utilization on my pc has never got passed 85 in games and constantly drops this has decreased game performance and made them crash and made me have to stream completely from my CPU. I think this is a software based problem as it has been like this ever since i tried crypto mining i have deleted all the files but i had Bulgard antivirus which seamed to block them but somewhat hid them so I cant delete all the files idk if this is the problem but that is a possible reason I have now got norton antivirus run the performance tasks nothing worked, tried using msi Afterburner nothing worked, I reinstalled drivers and tried everything can anyone help me please :). For refernce i have a Zotac Gaming 3070TI

Thank You

What CPU and resolution monitor are you using? If you can't figure it out reinstall windows and start fresh

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Just now, Gohardgrandpa said:

What CPU and resolution monitor are you using? If you can't figure it out reinstall windows and start fresh

Hi i have a ryzen 75800x and im using a msi MAG 165hz monitor 1920:1080 resolution. I would reinstall windows but that's a lot of hassle re signing into things moving files and downloading games again if there is anything else i could do please tell me.

Thanks for your time 🙂

Try removing your third party AV software. At best, you'll gain performance back. At worst, you'll be in the same boat now but without all that useless bloatware.

It honestly sounds like you need a clean install. Who knows what shit is lurking where and running in the background. Reinstalling windows is a pain, that's why I always install it on a smaller SSD C drive and put my games and stuff on a bigger SSD D drive. 

How many drives do you have? 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

17 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

It honestly sounds like you need a clean install. Who knows what shit is lurking where and running in the background. Reinstalling windows is a pain, that's why I always install it on a smaller SSD C drive and put my games and stuff on a bigger SSD D drive. 

How many drives do you have? 

I understand thanks 🙂

7 minutes ago, Caroline said:
  Reveal hidden contents

cp385oxnakq11.jpg?auto=webp&s=9809a3eea6

Have you reinstalled the drivers by simply running the installer and let it overwrite the previous files or manually uninstalled the old drivers first, restarted and then installed the new ones? cause it's not the same.

To be honest im not sure im not good in this area of computers im a bit confused sorry.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:28 PM, rickeo said:

Download the latest Nvidia driver package directly from Nvidia so you have it ready.

Run DDU and have it Clean and Reboot.

On booting back up, install the Nvidia drivers you previously downloaded. 

Hi I did all those things and it still happens what can i do now 🙂

On 10/29/2021 at 8:17 PM, Caroline said:
  Reveal hidden contents

cp385oxnakq11.jpg?auto=webp&s=9809a3eea6

Have you reinstalled the drivers by simply running the installer and let it overwrite the previous files or manually uninstalled the old drivers first, restarted and then installed the new ones? cause it's not the same.

yes i have completley wiped them and reninstalled them