Buying a Blackberry Priv in 2021

Legolessed

Hello, I have been really into weird phones lately and im really close to buying a blackberry priv right now. I would love to buy something like the fxtec pro1 but they stopped production until the pro1x comes out (same with planet computers with the astro) so the only place to get them is very expensively on ebay. 

Anyways, are there any other phones, especially landscape slider phones better than the blackberry priv or should i get that? I have a samsung galaxy a51 that i will probably keep with me as well just cause it is an older phone but it is so tempting to go get now that it is as cheap as it is. 

Part from it being a older android phone it is still a fully functional device. Do keep in mind battery life was never good and on a degraded battery like that will be quite terrible. So do think about replacing that. It will still be pretty darn usable since a snapdragon 808 is still a pretty strong mobile cpu and 3gb of ram is fine especially with an older android version.

You can also see if you like the sliding thing because for most people it does turn into a gimmic after a while.

Oh and the first big comment here in reddit does make the phone a LOT better.

15 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Part from it being a older android phone it is still a fully functional device. Do keep in mind battery life was never good and on a degraded battery like that will be quite terrible. So do think about replacing that. It will still be pretty darn usable since a snapdragon 808 is still a pretty strong mobile cpu and 3gb of ram is fine especially with an older android version.

You can also see if you like the sliding thing because for most people it does turn into a gimmic after a while.

Oh and the first big comment here in reddit does make the phone a LOT better.

Thank you so much. I will definitely do everything on that list once I get the phone. I also looked at battery replacements and you can get a new battery for the phone for $10-15 so replacing it wouldnt be an issue. 

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

ONly drawback I see is lack of 5g, which may be an issue depending on where you live

Also:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/unihertz-titan-product-impressions/

Im fine using 4g and also whenever im doing something that actually needs a lot of data im on wifi anyway. I did see the unihertz titan but I dont really like the keyboard on the front design. I like that it is tucked away on the priv. Also the titan is like a brick more than a phone lol. The titan pocket is a little smaller but keeps the same aesthetic

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Whats the problem with 4g?

Also that phone looks like a proper brick :p.

AT least where I am, you can't get a 4g phone activated with any carrier.

It's why I had to give up my beloved Blackberry KeyOne, it wasn't 5g compatible and no carrier would touch it.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's why I had to give up my beloved Blackberry KeyOne, it wasn't 5g compatible and no carrier would touch it.

Oh what weird. You have to activate a phone with a carrier? Not just buy a sim and drop it in whatever phone you got?

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh what weird. You have to activate a phone with a carrier? Not just buy a sim and drop it in whatever phone you got?

I think I heard about this. Something about how if a phone doesnt support voice over LTE then carriers wont activate it anymore and how it became an issue with blackberry phones because the priv is one of the only blackberry phones that has voice over LTE

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Yeah, USALand is very messed up when it comes to moving your existing phone to a new carrier.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

image.png.7e7021271da5279ff2ecc66a2a89a76e.png

I went for it! It should arrive on thursday so I guess I can give you all my thoughts then 🤸‍♀️

On 10/29/2021 at 7:08 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Yeah, USALand is very messed up when it comes to moving your existing phone to a new carrier.

Yeah that sounds whack I can still use my og 3310 as my backup phone no problem :p.