How to change Device ID? (Android phone)

dmeanor

So I rooted my Android phone so I can change the device ID to avoid being tracked. 

how to do that with a rooted Android phone? 

8 minutes ago, dmeanor said:

So I rooted my Android phone so I can change the device ID to avoid being tracked. 
how to do that with a rooted Android phone? 

Regardless of the Device ID... are you going to connect the device to a cellular or WiFi network? Is so, it'll still be tracked.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Regardless of the Device ID... are you going to connect the device to a cellular or WiFi network? Is so, it'll still be tracked.

I use VPN

IMEI numbers can be changed on some devices, but It's not always easy. It's not meant to be either, otherwise it would make it easier for people to get rid of stolen phones. 

It's easy to to change the MAC address. Many ROMs at this point randomize the MAC address every time they connect to a different network. 

It is possible to change the device fingerprint as well so your phone shows up as a different device.  Being rooted you may need to do this anyways to pass safety net. 

Being rooted you could use a host file to globally block a lot of advertising, tracking, etc. 

6 hours ago, XG BC said:

the vpn can be compromised too you know? 

any alternatives then? 

On 10/30/2021 at 2:52 AM, dmeanor said:

any alternatives then? 

tor browser but nothing is truly ever safe but dont worry unless you are someone like the us president i wouldnt worry about it to much. be careful ok but dont get paranoid either!