Thanks Windows 10 Update For FORCING bios update on my X570 Aorus master. (Debug Code E6 x570 Aorus Master)

Shimejii

So i have ALL聽 my windows updates blocked by default, every time you update they get reset. Ive had issues in the past where windows installs would fail and such because of the forced update, causing me to have to reinstall windows which to me is awful and not enjoyable at all. Today i had to restart my computer, i have updates blocked and even delayed until mid November, hit restart and it pops up with Windows Update % and i audibly go son of a bitch. Whatever it restarts and i get to my bios splash screen, i look at my phone on twitter while it loads as it usually takes 10 seconds from boot to windows starting, after about 30 seconds my bios screen is still there. Go to press Capslock and Numlock to see if my keyboard was frozen, it wasnt. I lean in to see if theres an Error Code, There is! E6. Spoiler Alert E6 is a Universal code for Aorus boards which means a TON of things, and no they are not in the manual because E6 came after 馃檪

So Upon a restart same thing, bios splash screen hangs and my anger starts to boil, Fucking windows updates have decided that this was the time to make my night so much fun. After a quick search, found that a Quick bios update May help, Updated to F30,聽 Didnt work, Updated to the Latest bios that includes Windows 11 support (35e) and THAT works. So not only is Windows Forcing an update to make it so you have to have the correct bios for windows 11, even if you said you dont want windows 11, it doesnt care and will Forcibly Lock you out of your Computer, being completely unable to use it unless you have another computer to get the updated bios.

TLDR: Windows 10聽 update Stops OS from booting, Error Code E6, Update Bios to latest version that supports windows 11, voila fixed.

Why Hasnt Microsoft been Fined and have lawsuits against this practice? This is just Awful.

45 minutes ago, gremlicious said:

from experience it's not uncommon for some vendors to push bios updates through win update. both of my laptops have this feature and both aren't in the "optional" queue so eventually they will auto-install.

whether or not this is down to microsoft pushing w11 as aggressively as they pushed 10 is up for question, but since w10 is already grabbing your data for them to sell i doubt there's a huge rush to move people over to 11 like there was from 7-10 when they really wanted to get that sellable data out of everyone.

not sure if there are any revisions between F30 and F35e but you might have to flash it back one by one if it won't flash back from 35e to 30 directly. alternatively, just disable TPM in bios and w11 will once again be prevented from loading by itself.

Well Its the problem that Windows 11 Didnt get loaded (thankfully), its the Preparation update for windows 10 to make it so it can go into windows 11. And TPM is disabled in bios so i didnt have that issue.

Microsoft is already pushing it a bit, i expect pop ups and such for "Upgrade to windows 11 to stay on the cutting edge of Performance" Crap again like they did with windows 10.聽

Its gonna be a busy month fixing peoples computers again because of these forced updates

On 10/29/2021 at 9:58 AM, Shimejii said:

Why Hasnt Microsoft been Fined and have lawsuits against this practice? This is just Awful.

Please do detail what law they are breaking. Or if they are liable for loss of revenue/property, that's civil issue and won't be acted upon unless you are the one paying the legal fees.

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LogicalDrm said:

Please do detail what law they are breaking. Or if they are liable for loss of revenue/property, that's civil issue and won't be acted upon unless you are the one paying the legal fees.

-> Moved to Windows

Forcing Updates on a consumer product that Can negatively impact an experience without being given a choice. I know the windows 7-8.1 forced update bricked quite a few operating systems, as well as 8.1-10.聽

Its one thing if it was a choice to update and get w/e features you wanted, versus a security patch, or a major functionality update. But the fact that its Specifically for windows 11 when ive already clicked No do not upgrade and such, is just annoying and if i didnt have a laptop id be SOL till i went and got the bios file from somewhere else.聽

Im always about giving the choice on whether or not to do something with my own hardware and software, when you take away that choice and force an update that i do not see, nothing pops up nor does it show on restart and locks me out of the computer because of it, THAT to me should be made into an issue. They should not be default do this, to me it ends up causing more issues.聽

2 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Forcing Updates on a consumer product that Can negatively impact an experience without being given a choice. I know the windows 7-8.1 forced update bricked quite a few operating systems, as well as 8.1-10.聽

Its one thing if it was a choice to update and get w/e features you wanted, versus a security patch, or a major functionality update. But the fact that its Specifically for windows 11 when ive already clicked No do not upgrade and such, is just annoying and if i didnt have a laptop id be SOL till i went and got the bios file from somewhere else.聽

Im always about giving the choice on whether or not to do something with my own hardware and software, when you take away that choice and force an update that i do not see, nothing pops up nor does it show on restart and locks me out of the computer because of it, THAT to me should be made into an issue. They should not be default do this, to me it ends up causing more issues.聽

So not any laws, but just civil case. Gather group of like-minded people who suffer from same and go for class action lawsuit against them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/29/2021 at 4:09 AM, gremlicious said:

whether or not this is down to microsoft pushing w11 as aggressively as they pushed 10 is up for question, but since w10 is already grabbing your data for them to sell i doubt there's a huge rush to move people over to 11 like there was from 7-10 when they really wanted to get that sellable data out of everyone.

Telemetry data has no personal information and no identify-able information used for selling. Unless you specifically use Edge (similar to Chrome) and Cortana (which has been killed off), and apps using Bing ad platform. Don't mix apps/service all together.