HDMI switch

Donut417

My TV has 2 HDMI in. I have a 4K Fire Stick and my Plex server connected. I want to connect my Nintendo Switch. I was looking at HDMI switches with remotes. 

Is there anything specific I should look for in specs? 

Do they pass HDCP? So I can play Blu-ray’s and such. 

The TV in question is an older 720p Samsung. I’ve thought about replacing it, but I can’t justify the cost of a new TV and frankly I don’t really think it would be worth it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Budget?

A lot of the cheap options have a shit load of input lag

Define cheap? Most of the ones I was looking at were in the $15 to $25 range. That’s about where I’d like to be. If that’s not possible I’ll just use my Nintendo Switch in mobile mode until I decide a new TV is worth it. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Define cheap? Most of the ones I was looking at were in the $15 to $25 range. That’s about where I’d like to be. If that’s not possible I’ll just use my Nintendo Switch in mobile mode until I decide a new TV is worth it. 

Cheap I mean <20$ ish. I'm sure there's one or two in there that do work fine - I just haven't had that luck.

This is an example of one I had trouble with

https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Switch-GANA-Splitter-Supports/dp/B06VX1PKQ7/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2OENBZVJ1I9XH&dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+switch&qid=1635466497&sprefix=hdmi+switch%2Caps%2C126&sr=8-3

After mucking around with it long enough I ended up going with this:

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-Premium-5-Port-Switch-Remote/dp/B07CRWBPN4/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2OENBZVJ1I9XH&dchild=1&keywords=hdmi%2Bswitch&qid=1635466687&sprefix=hdmi%2Bswitch%2Caps%2C126&sr=8-10&th=1

no issues so far.

Though its about 1.5 - 2 times your budget

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Good to know. I’ll likely just use the switch mobile for now. When I decide a new TV is worth it, I’ll just make sure I get one with enough HDMI.