HELP WITH MY GAMING PC BUILD :D

JImmisP

Budget (including currency): 900€ (euros) Maximum, I live in Greece.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Purely for gaming, I would like if any of you guys can, to provide me with the best possible build with the best gaming potential in this budget. I currently play only LoL but because I cant run anything else (Athlon 3050U integrated graphics). So please the best possible setup to be able to expand and play as many different games I can :)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

About peripherals, I need only monitor which is inside the 900€ (I guess about 200€ for monitor?). I don't upgrade, I build a new pc. I am going to buy it by the end of November MAX, to maybe benefit from Black Friday(?),

About resolution I suppose that 1080p is the only option and about refresh rate well the best I could have, I guess between 60 and 144hz?

Here is a list I made but I am a noob so, feel free to roast me XD

-Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD 500GB

-GPU: Radeon Vega 8

-CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

-Cooling: Stock AMD Cooler (comes with 5600g) I think it's called: Wraith or Stealth, something like that :D

-RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 RAM 2 Modules (2x8GB) 3600MHz C16

-Motherboard: MSI B550M Pro-VDH Micro ATX

-Case: Thermaltake V200 Tempered Glass RGB Edition Gaming Midi Tower

-PSU: Be Quiet System Power 9 600W Full Wired 80 Plus Bronze

* I don't care about looks, I just want the best of my money even if it looks like sh*t, I just want to be able to enjoy playing with it, rather than watching it :)

I will use only one monitor with it, preferably 21'' - 24'' (I would love it if it is possible for the monitor to be curved 😍, but again, if it is no possible just the most of my money :D )

I hope I provided every detail, please if you can, suggest me a tower and a monitor. Thank you very much for anyone that dedicate their time to help me out!!

Build looks fine to me. 1080p is still fine for a budget build, that's where you'll find the cheapest monitors. You could go up to 1440p if you want to spend the extra. I would not get a 60hz panel. Anything at or above 120hz. Anything that is not a TN panel. If you're going to get a curved monitor, get a VA panel; they're the most cost effective non-TN. 24" is the minimum I'd recommend to get a curved monitor. Anything smaller, just get a flat screen.

That micro board will look a little silly in that mid-tower case, but it's whatever. I personally think you don't need a mid tower and a micro mid or mini tower would be more suitable. That's up to your own taste though.

Honestly, this build is very good.

About the tower, the only thing that you NEED to consider is if the motherboard fits in it (so no ITX cases today). You also want to see if there is some space behind the motherboard tray for easy cable management.

About the monitor, there are some things to consider: 

1) The type of painel. There are 3 main types: TN, VA and IPS. TN colors looks very bad and the angles are worse. VAs are fine, specially if you want high refresh rate and overall lower price. IPS monitors have the best colours of the industry, but might be a bit more expensive.

2) Size. 21" isn't bad, but 24" is so nice to look at!

3) Syncing technology. Get a monitor that is Freesync compatible, specially because it is so easy to find those nowadays.

46 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

Build looks fine to me. 1080p is still fine for a budget build, that's where you'll find the cheapest monitors. You could go up to 1440p if you want to spend the extra. I would not get a 60hz panel. Anything at or above 120hz. Anything that is not a TN panel. If you're going to get a curved monitor, get a VA panel; they're the most cost effective non-TN. 24" is the minimum I'd recommend to get a curved monitor. Anything smaller, just get a flat screen.

That micro board will look a little silly in that mid-tower case, but it's whatever. I personally think you don't need a mid tower and a micro mid or mini tower would be more suitable. That's up to your own taste though.

Great!! I will change the case and will follow your advice on the monitor! Would it be better a mediocre CPU with a 1030 gddr5? What do you think?

39 minutes ago, Autumn Knight said:

Honestly, this build is very good.

About the tower, the only thing that you NEED to consider is if the motherboard fits in it (so no ITX cases today). You also want to see if there is some space behind the motherboard tray for easy cable management.

About the monitor, there are some things to consider: 

1) The type of painel. There are 3 main types: TN, VA and IPS. TN colors looks very bad and the angles are worse. VAs are fine, specially if you want high refresh rate and overall lower price. IPS monitors have the best colours of the industry, but might be a bit more expensive.

2) Size. 21" isn't bad, but 24" is so nice to look at!

3) Syncing technology. Get a monitor that is Freesync compatible, specially because it is so easy to find those nowadays.

I see! Something like this is it ok? https://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-C24G2U-Ergonomic-Speakers-FreeSync/dp/B08HSJNN5N 

2 minutes ago, JImmisP said:

Great!! I will change the case and will follow your advice on the monitor! Would it be better a mediocre CPU with a 1030 gddr5? What do you think?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G will be more than enough GPU power to handle LoL. If one day you want to play more demanding games, then buy a dedicated graphics card then, not now. 5600G will be fine as a stand-alone CPU as well.

28 minutes ago, JImmisP said:

I see! Something like this is it ok? https://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-C24G2U-Ergonomic-Speakers-FreeSync/dp/B08HSJNN5N 

This looks OK, didn't raise any red flags (but I also admit that I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to monitors). Also has a good contrast (3000:1) and response time (1ms), things that I forgot to mention and it is very cheap right now, as Wuffles showed. I would say go for it!

51 minutes ago, JImmisP said:

Not really, because then you would end up with a GPU that you will not use. The 5600G is a very solid option overall.

What you might want to look at, if you are looking for some cheaper options, are some intel CPUs, like the i5 11400.

In Amazon, you can get the 11400 for 185£, against the 5600G for 236£. However, both the CPU and iGPU are weaker than the 5600G.

Comparing CPUs, there isn't that much difference when you add a graphics card, specially when in 1080p, so we're good.
iGPUs on the other hand... the UHD 730 isn't bad and it is a lot faster than your current Athlon, but the 5600G's Vega 8 even faster. If you are interested, you could look at youtube for comparisons.

55 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G will be more than enough GPU power to handle LoL. If one day you want to play more demanding games, then buy a dedicated graphics card then, not now. 5600G will be fine as a stand-alone CPU as well.

Ok then! Thanks for the help!! 😊

45 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

That looks to be a great option. Price looks greatimage.thumb.png.86d6f0cab47593e8ecebd89c3a70a657.png

Thanks again!! 😊❤️

28 minutes ago, Autumn Knight said:

This looks OK, didn't raise any red flags (but I also admit that I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to monitors). Also has a good contrast (3000:1) and response time (1ms), things that I forgot to mention and it is very cheap right now, as Wuffles showed. I would say go for it!

Then I guess the monitor is settled 😂

15 minutes ago, Autumn Knight said:

Not really, because then you would end up with a GPU that you will not use. The 5600G is a very solid option overall.

What you might want to look at, if you are looking for some cheaper options, are some intel CPUs, like the i5 11400.

In Amazon, you can get the 11400 for 185£, against the 5600G for 236£. However, both the CPU and iGPU are weaker than the 5600G.

Comparing CPUs, there isn't that much difference when you add a graphics card, specially when in 1080p, so we're good.
iGPUs on the other hand... the UHD 730 isn't bad and it is a lot faster than your current Athlon, but the 5600G's Vega 8 even faster. If you are interested, you could look at youtube for comparisons.

So 5600g it is! Thanks for your time!! ❤️

You are welcome!

Have a great time gaming too. As a person that used a GT 710 mobile for years, getting even a slight upgrade is simply wolderful.

2 minutes ago, Autumn Knight said:

You are welcome!

Have a great time gaming too. As a person that used a GT 710 mobile for years, getting even a slight upgrade is simply wolderful.

Thank you!! Ah... So you know the struggle. I had a desktop with Intel HD 4400 graphics (128MB vram) and once I got the athlon with the (512vram (but mobile)) I thought I had conquer the world 😂😳