i7 860 weird frequency

So this is not troubleshooting or anything, I just wanted to share what has been the weirdest reading I have ever seen from my hardware. I suppose it's a bug but could anyone tell me for certain if this is possible or not?

image.png.d0d55ca646d8367718c277343954b8c9.png

yeah its definitely is a misreading on the cpu, its doing fine

it reminds me of the Ryzen voltage misreading situation. so dont worry about it.

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Lmao just throw that thing into the junk or atleast replace the mb and rams

If you dont overclock on an old asf platform like that you are losing on a crap ton of performance, my e8400 stock vs 4.3ghz oc is around a 80% imporvement for ref (~440ish to ~730ish)

15 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Lmao just throw that thing into the junk or atleast replace the mb and rams

If you dont overclock on an old asf platform like that you are losing on a crap ton of performance, my e8400 stock vs 4.3ghz oc is around a 80% imporvement for ref (~440ish to ~730ish)

Yeah, sure. Let me just take some money out of my magic pocket. Upgrades are not an option for everyone, I just posted it because it seemed curious and I wanted to share.

16 minutes ago, SonOfDita said:

Yeah, sure. Let me just take some money out of my magic pocket. Upgrades are not an option for everyone, I just posted it because it seemed curious and I wanted to share.

Tho yea consider swapping out the mb and the psu cause if you dont oc on an old asf platform like that you really are losing on a ton of performance cause it aint like now where chips are pushed to the limit from the factory

Also im pretty sure swapping the mb will get rid of the weird readings but since they are just readings from prob faulty or malfunctioning sensors they should be harmless

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Tho yea consider swapping out the mb and the psu cause if you dont oc on an old asf platform like that you really are losing on a ton of performance cause it aint like now where chips are pushed to the limit from the factory

Also im pretty sure swapping the mb will get rid of the weird readings but since they are just readings from prob faulty or malfunctioning sensors they should be harmless

That’s an optiplex 980, it could do lynnfield xeons with a bios update but you need a separate fan controller if you want the CPU fan to be at not 100% all the time

Xeon x3470 is a possible upgrade there if they have a gpu 

19 minutes ago, 8tg said:

That’s an optiplex 980, it could do lynnfield xeons with a bios update but you need a separate fan controller if you want the CPU fan to be at not 100% all the time

Xeon x3470 is a possible upgrade there if they have a gpu 

Tbh any board that cant overclock on 1156 is what id consider a worthless pos

Most decent boards that arent oem should be able to do some bclk ocing, even a cheap h55 from gigabyte or asus would work for bclk oc

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Tbh any board that cant overclock on 1156 is what id consider a worthless pos

Most decent boards that arent oem should be able to do some bclk ocing, even a cheap h55 from gigabyte or asus would work for bclk oc

It certainly is a pos, I had to buy it in a pinch because my first motherboard was fried by a friend who thought he knew how to overlock and my second one died because of a brownout. When the power came back the motherboard was dead and that how I ended up with an Optiplex motherboard, I don't even have the case, I have to run it open air since it's not even standard ATX. 

And tbh I haven't bought another 1156 because I'd rather save to actually upgrade the system when I have some decent money.

1 hour ago, SonOfDita said:

first motherboard was fried by a friend who thought he knew how to overlock

Whatd he do?

Set the cpu volt at 2v or something?

Cpu would certainly survive since 45 and 32nm desthzone is ~2.05v but i guess mb has fried vrms now

1 hour ago, SonOfDita said:

And tbh I haven't bought another 1156 because I'd rather save to actually upgrade the system when I have some decent money.

Eh h55 and maybe even p55 mbs sell for really cheap nowadays, in my area the decent ones sell for ~20-30$

Plus if you did buy another psu you could just use it in a new build after upgrading from 1156

On 10/29/2021 at 2:15 AM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Whatd he do?

Set the cpu volt at 2v or something?

Cpu would certainly survive since 45 and 32nm desthzone is ~2.05v but i guess mb has fried vrms now

Eh h55 and maybe even p55 mbs sell for really cheap nowadays, in my area the decent ones sell for ~20-30$

Plus if you did buy another psu you could just use it in a new build after upgrading from 1156

The thing is that 20-30$ is quite a bit of money here and it's not that easy to let it go just on hardware. On the flip side I have a decent PSU already, it's 650W Bronze but it works well for the components I have, I just use a converter for the Optiplex's 24 Pins.

And I think he fried it upping the voltage but also setting the oc to something plain stupid like 6GHz. It was instant death.

8 hours ago, SonOfDita said:

And I think he fried it upping the voltage but also setting the oc to something plain stupid like 6GHz. It was instant death.

Now thats just retarded to put it lightly, i can set my cpu to 2.03v just fine cause im on 45nm core only issue being my pos p5q being a pos and ocp kicking in and shutting it off

Also to even get 6ghz you gotta have some subzero cooling not to mention some high volts

8 hours ago, SonOfDita said:

The thing is that 20-30$ is quite a bit of money here and it's not that easy to let it go just on hardware. On the flip side I have a decent PSU already, it's 650W Bronze but it works well for the components I have, I just use a converter for the Optiplex's 24 Pins.

Well you could prob sell the board for 15-20$ and buy a cheap h55 or p55 from gigabyte or asus (pref gigabyte cause no bios crippling shenanigans) for 20-30$

Or you could do a trade but then again unless you have some other trash laying around that you dont use, no ones gonna trade a decent board for a crappier one cause common sense exists