Which case for existing components

Langeon

Hello good folks!

Ive recently finished my first custom loop in my Fractal Design Define R5, however i realized how restricted the case is with airflow so im thinking about switching for something with better thermals.

The radiators im using is a 30mm thick 360mm radiator and one 60mm thick 280mm radiator with push and pull config. 

Between the cases Meshify 2, Corsair 5000D Airflow and some of the Lian Li O11 cases, do any of you know which ones might fit my needs?

On 10/27/2021 at 3:16 AM, Langeon said:

Hello good folks!

Ive recently finished my first custom loop in my Fractal Design Define R5, however i realized how restricted the case is with airflow so im thinking about switching for something with better thermals.

The radiators im using is a 30mm thick 360mm radiator and one 60mm thick 280mm radiator with push and pull config. 

Between the cases Meshify 2, Corsair 5000D Airflow and some of the Lian Li O11 cases, do any of you know which ones might fit my needs?

from my experiences with o11d & 5000d

imo meshify 2 & o11d will be best fit for your rads

o11d

• can fit 280 60mm pp rad on top; however it has slight issue with top cover cut out for 140 fans, they're meant for 120 sized rads
  • your 30mm 360 rad can fit on bottom or side in o11d
  • has lots of space for wc, with 280 on top it still have room for 2nd d5 pump and/or flow sensor 
  • harder to clean the bottom dust filter, it's not exactly a slide in filter

5000d

• problem with rads thicker than 30mm, only the front will fit your 60mm 280 pp
  • top can fit 280 rad, my 30mm one is quite close to mobo with fan inside... it can comfortably fit 30mm 360 
  • easier to cable manage
  • space is in issue for wc, I'm still thinking where to place my 2nd d5; likely double side tape on top of psu shroud
  • easier to clean the dust filters 

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini