Gpu crashes and random windows issues

B3rni3

Hey all,

I am trying to diagnose a few annoying issues with my pc I have been having. A few weeks ago I started getting crashes where my GPU driver would time out in games. It had no rhyme or reason to it other than it happened in games. This went on for few weeks and got worse and worse even with fresh windows installs. BF 2042 was unplayable. This continued until driver 21.10.02 came out which helped but now it BFV crashes to desktop without any warnings, notifications or otherwise. It is as if I pressed ALT F4. Today my crucial SSD never showed up when I started windows. I had to restart windows for it to show up again. 

So I am wondering could all these issues be linked to something like a motherboard issue or a SSD issue. Any ideas on how to diagnose this would be appreciated as its driving me nuts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 at stock speeds

Ram: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z at 3600mhz

Cooler:  Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4

MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi running Bios version F36D, this also happened on version F32

GPU: AMD 6800 reference

Storage: 1tb Corsair Force MP510 M.2 (Windows and drivers drive) and 1tb Crucial P2 (Game install drive)

PSU: Seasonic Corsair RM850x 

Case: Be Quiet! Pure Base 500

2 minutes ago, B3rni3 said:

Any ideas on how to diagnose this would be appreciated as its driving me nuts.

I assume you are checking Event Viewer > Software for error messages?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

I assume you are checking Event Viewer > Software for error messages?

No I had not been.

I found the attached under the admin section. There are a lot of dish errors showing up. Also the surprise removal error is weird as all I did was turn my pc on.

Disk errors.PNG

Display error.PNG

SSD error.PNG

SSD removal error.PNG

You most likely have disk issues alongside of shitty amd drivers.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

You most likely have disk issues alongside of shitty amd drivers.

Do you think the SSD needs replacing or is this something that could be fixed in software?

14 minutes ago, gsk07765 said:

Just try some other PSU.

I did already try that as I had a Seasonic GS650 in the pc when all this started. That was my first thought so I got a new Corsair RM850x and the problem persists.

Do you have some other ssd to clean install OS and check again for

38 minutes ago, Levent said:

disk issues alongside of shitty amd drivers.

?

3 minutes ago, gsk07765 said:

Do you have some other ssd to clean install OS and check again for

?

So I have two M.2 SSDs. I have installed windows on the samsung drive and then used the crucial as a game drive. I have not done it the opposite way yet. I may over the weekend. I have tried installing the drivers on both drives one at a time using DDU and still crashing.

29 minutes ago, B3rni3 said:

I have not done it the opposite way yet.

No need to do this. As I understand it, you also have a samsung drive. So use it for W10 + games. Disable or remove the Force510 and P2 drives. It can be a long and tedious procedure, but if your drive is faulty, you may lose some important data in the near future.

12 minutes ago, gsk07765 said:

No need to do this. As I understand it, you also have a samsung drive. So use it for W10 + games. Disable or remove the Force510 and P2 drives. It can be a long and tedious procedure, but if your drive is faulty, you may lose some important data in the near future.

Apologies, I meant the corsair drive not samsung. I was confusing myself.

Windows is on the corsair drive and the crucial is my game drive.