Install latest motherboard BIOS or no?

Omie

I have an i7 7700k and the Asus IX Formula motherboard. Recently, Asus came out with a BIOS update for Windows 11 support but Microsoft says my CPU is incompatible with Windows 11 anyways.

Is it worth still updating the BIOS? I usually try to do a yearly update on all my computer software (motherboard drivers, etc.) just so it’s up to date. Recently though I have noticed a lot of stuttering in all my games so not sure if a BIOS update would help with that too.

You can run windows 11 fine. You just cant use windows update. Turn on TPM and secure boot and use a ISO to clean install

THat ubdate turns secure boot and tpm on by default

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

You can run windows 11 fine. You just cant use windows update. Turn on TPM and secure boot and use a ISO to clean install

THat ubdate turns secure boot and tpm on by default

I see. What would I do about future update patches to Windows 11? I’m assuming once I’m on W11 I still can’t use the Windows update right?

7 minutes ago, Omie said:

I see. What would I do about future update patches to Windows 11? I’m assuming once I’m on W11 I still can’t use the Windows update right?

Microsoft said you "may not get updates"

I did it on my laptop, it had tpm and secureboot, but not a suported cpu. Its gotten updates so far.

I was able to install on a core 2 quad q6600 and it got windows update updates. It knows its not supported, but updates anyways

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler