PC Fan running at MAX speed at startup and then PC shutting down following a red light and beeps.

Unique_Reall

Hi, everyone. 

So, recently, I had ordered a Gaming Case from Amazon and wanted to do a change the case of my Old PC. But after talking all the parts out from my old PC, I had realied that I was send the wrong case. So, I had to put the parts back into my old PC. 

After all of that, I had installed all the parts in my Old PC successfully. 

But when I had turned my PC on, the fans instantly started to run at Max speed. When Windows had opened up, the PC has shut down and on the power button a red light came up and beeped twice...

I think Its a temperature sensor issue but I am not really sure. Please If someone could help me. 

Thanks!

The user manual for your motherboard should contain a description of what that beeping means specifically.
You could also try to reseat your cooler, RAM and GPU.

Just in case, you did remember to reapply thermal paste to the cooler, right?

5 hours ago, Rauten said:

The user manual for your motherboard should contain a description of what that beeping means specifically.
You could also try to reseat your cooler, RAM and GPU.

Just in case, you did remember to reapply thermal paste to the cooler, right?

Hi, I had bought the PC second hand used... There was already thermal paste on the CPU and the cooler. + One more thing, I have now disconnected the cables for all the fans. After that I have noticed that the fan noise was coming from the power supply? Do you know any solutions to this?

12 hours ago, Unique_Reall said:

Hi, I had bought the PC second hand used... There was already thermal paste on the CPU and the cooler. + One more thing, I have now disconnected the cables for all the fans. After that I have noticed that the fan noise was coming from the power supply? Do you know any solutions to this?

Nope, and unless you know your way around electric equipment and electronics, do NOT open the PSU. It can literally, yes, literally kill you if you touch where you shouldn't.

If it's a temperature issue, disabling your fans won't help you.

You say it shuts down when it reaches Windows - can you make it into Bios? If you can, what are the temperature readings?

6 hours ago, Rauten said:

Nope, and unless you know your way around electric equipment and electronics, do NOT open the PSU. It can literally, yes, literally kill you if you touch where you shouldn't.

If it's a temperature issue, disabling your fans won't help you.

You say it shuts down when it reaches Windows - can you make it into Bios? If you can, what are the temperature readings?

Hi, 

Yes, I can make It in bios. I can stay in bios for 30-40 secs. Anyways, I have ordered a new power supply. It will be coming today. So, I will be trying the new power supply with the PC to make sure that the power supply is not faulty. 

Thanks