LG 27GP850-B (at $450) or MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD (at $630)?

crystal6tak

Hey all! Trying to decide between these two monitors. Price for the MSI is a bit wack as I'm in Taiwan.

These are the differences I found online which makes me lean towards the MSI one despite the hefty pricing:

-MSI has better contrast (MSI 1195:1, LG 807:1)

-MSI has wider gamut (MSI 100% adobe RGB / 93.8% DCI P3 / 81.3% Rec. 2020) (LG 87.7% adobe RGB / 95.1% DCI P3 / 70.4% Rec. 2020)

-MSI's sRGB mode locks contrast but leaves color channels unlocked. LG's sRGB mode locks color channels. (I'm likely using it in sRGB mode, calibrated with a Spyder4Elite)

-LG has slightly higher refresh rate (MSI 165hz, LG 180hz)

-LG has slightly better response time (MSI, LG)

The thing that bugs me the most is the pricing outside of Taiwan shows MSI being cheaper than the LG most of the time. Is there a glaring problem I missed with the MSI one?

Honestly I'd get a gigabyte m27q or g27q colour calibrating those makes em pretty darn amazing and you won't notice a difference between them and these displays then. Both are about 300$ displays.

Is this for colour accurate work? If so I'd recommend you get the cheaper 27 inch asus proart.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Honestly I'd get a gigabyte m27q or g27q colour calibrating those makes em pretty darn amazing and you won't notice a difference between them and these displays then. Both are about 300$ displays.

Is this for colour accurate work? If so I'd recommend you get the cheaper 27 inch asus proart.

I previously bought the M27Q. Couldn't stand the BGR layout. I'm using a multi-monitor setup and my other 2 monitors are RGB. Messed with clear-type and other settings but couldn't get texts to look right. The final nail was chromium not supporting BGR whatsoever. Had to sell of the monitor in the end...

I do some color work as a hobby (mainly photography). In general I just prefer more accurate colors rather than oversaturation. I also game a lot, so I'd like higher refresh rates and snappy response times.