Has my PSU blown up and I’ve gone to heaven?

TLDR I’ve overclocked my cpu and it’s faster than I ever thought it could be. Besides temps, voltage, stability tests etc. how else can I make sure it’s stable?

specs

a8-6600k 4.5ghz 1.4v

XFX R9 280x

16gb gskill ripjaws at 1872 1.5v

asus a88x Pro

corsair 750w

Howdy all, this is my first time interacting with the PC building community directly; please be gentle with me. I’ve recently just reoverclocked my a8 6600k to almost 4.5ghz (was super stable at 4.3) and my ram to its knees at 1872. I thought this would give me at most 20% more performance but it seems it has improved 40-300% (I’m not good at math) depending on the situation. Games that were cpu dependent went from 30ish to a crispy 60fps cap or more, my gpu can finally taste the glory of uncompressed 2k and 4K textures, I can watch YouTube in 4K while doing other stuff and at max load for an hour I sat at 66c. I’ll give as much information as you need, this seems too good to stay and I wanna make sure everything is truly okay, thank you for your time!!!!

p.s. I’m planning on donating this computer when I upgrade to ryzen. That is the reason I want to know if my cpu is secretly being turned into a rotisserie chicken! 

“Ya know they say ‘you ain’t no body til someone loves you’, well that somebody is me, I love you”

5 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Why do you think the PSU is blown up?

What's the brand and model of the PSU?

I don’t think it has blown up, I’m sorry. TLDR I’ve overclocked my cpu and it’s faster than I ever thought it could be. Besides temps, voltage, stability tests etc. how else can I make sure it’s stable?

And you probably want to name all your PC components so people can advise if it's suitable for OC.

Just now, gsk07765 said:

And you probably want to name all your PC components so people can advise if it's suitable for OC.

You right you right, one lamb shakeeeee

8 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Run Prime95

Is an hour sufficient? Ive seen people saying 4 hours at minimum 

Depends on the motherboard, cooling and PSU. If it's all junk even an hour is to much. What's the brand and model of the other parts in the system?

9 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Depends on the motherboard, cooling and PSU. If it's all junk even an hour is to much. What's the brand and model of the other parts in the system?

here you are m8

specs

a8-6600k 4.5ghz 1.4v

XFX R9 280x

16gb gskill ripjaws at 1872 1.5v

asus a88x Pro

corsair 750w

You can try for a couple of hours but don't exceed 74 degrees C because that's the Tmax of the CPU.

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

You can try for a couple of hours but don't exceed 74 degrees C because that's the Tmax of the CPU.

Gotcha thank you mate. I’m aiming for 66c max is that good in comparison to the TJmax?

4 minutes ago, FSHSCKR said:

I’m aiming for 66c max is that good in comparison to the TJmax?

Yes, but find out what Prime95 is doing with the temps.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:45 AM, --SID-- said:

Yes, but find out what Prime95 is doing with the temps.

64c is the max after absolute heck for a few hours. Thanks for the help!