weird lag on high end machine PLS help!

RazzeKing

i have a big problem, so my pc works completely fine, but after 4h and 30min ish it starts to lag spike a bit not much but it just get worse and worse for the hours that go and its so annoying pls help, i dont know anything that could cause it but one thing i noticed is that my task manager takes some extra seconds to load. it pretty much lag spikes in every game sometimes on just desktop aswell

Specs:
i9-9900k
ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG Strix OC
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E GAMING
im not sure on the power supply but its a corsair 

Is this a prebuild machine?
You say this lag only occurs a couple hours after I assume a gaming session?
What I can think of off the top of my head is perhaps an overheating issue. It could be throttling to keep itself cool.

only my graphics card will go on high temps, ill make some test to see if thats the case and reply back here, this is a really anoying problem...

but its seems strange cuz i have good cooling, also i changed the parts from original but from the beginning i built it on a site

i have water cooling on the cpu so it seem strange to be the temps, i also recently cleaned dust and stuff from the whole pc

7 minutes ago, RazzeKing said:

but its seems strange cuz i have good cooling, also i changed the parts from original but from the beginning i built it on a site

i have water cooling on the cpu so it seem strange to be the temps, i also recently cleaned dust and stuff from the whole pc

Graphics cards can start throttling themselves already at about the low 80s. It could be that it's running cool enough but it's always a good thing to make sure.
Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

7 minutes ago, Astro22 said:

Is this a prebuild machine?
You say this lag only occurs a couple hours after I assume a gaming session?
What I can think of off the top of my head is perhaps an overheating issue. It could be throttling to keep itself cool.

5IGJln.png this is my temps with new world and phasmo open at the same time

1 minute ago, Astro22 said:

Graphics cards can start throttling themselves already at about the low 80s. It could bet that it's running cool enough but it's always a good thing to make sure.
Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

ive never gone over 75 in games

2 minutes ago, RazzeKing said:

this is my temps with new world and phasmo open at the same time

Well then, temperatures are probably not the issue. But keep an eye on it either way while you're gaming. Maybe it keeps rising as time goes on. 

Edit: Just saw your other comment. Temps are not it.

3 minutes ago, Astro22 said:

Well then, temperatures are probably not the issue. But keep an eye on it either way while you're gaming. Maybe it keeps rising as time goes on. 

Edit: Just saw your other comment. Temps are not it.

what else could i try, havent find any simular problems other than updating bios but its prob something else

8 minutes ago, RazzeKing said:

what else could i try, havent find any simular problems other than updating bios but its prob something else

If you have any background programs or processes, close them.

Only run the game and see if the issue persists. It could be something in the background hogging up your RAM.

Try to monitor your RAM and also VRAM usage. If it's at maximum capacity or close to it, it could cause the lag spikes.

Some questions:

How much RAM do you have?

Does the issue disappear instantly when you reboot the system?

For how long do you own this PC and has the issue only recently started appearing?

Another tip I could give you is try to monitor your GPU using GPU-Z. When the lag spikes occur, the sensor tab could give you more relevant information on what's happening with the card.

so the ram almost never goes above 50, ive been able to play heavy games like new world on max settings without any issue
it appeared yesterday and it seem to temporarly go away if i restart my pc, ive owned these parts for like 1,5 years something arround that cuz ive changed all parts except the case

image.png.c49c4b1d94dccd6fb070316eb6bb316d.pngtheses are the info you can see here basically at all times when im in a game it doesnt change much