First Build

Surturhero

Budget (including currency): Optional

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming/Daily use

Hello in my free time I’ve been learning about computers and decided if I ever got my hands on one of the RTX 3000 series I’d build my own computer since my old Alienware Aurora R4 is finally starting to give up (I plan to try repairing it since I have done nothing to it in about the 10 years I’ve had it but I want at least one working PC incase I can’t).  Turns out I got really lucky and managed to get a zotac 3080 and 3070, Ryzen 9 5950X, and a MSI B-550-A PRO ATX AM4. I think I will keep the 3080 and Ryzen 9 5950X and maybe build another computer with the 3070 as a Xmas gift to a friend.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qYGjfP

This is my current idea for my build, but I would like some input as well I have been trying my best to learn about computer parts there is a lot to know, so if anyone could point out some rookie mistakes I’ve made or some suggestions where I’m bottlenecking myself majorly would be appreciated. Between the cpu, got, and motherboard I’d like to keep the rest of the build below 2k, but I’m willing to be flexible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I'd swap the SSD out for a WD SN750, very similar performance for less money. The only other things I'd change would be the 5950X and/or the motherboard, since you don't need 16 cores for gaming/daily use, but you already have them. If you'd be willing to sell the 5950X and get a 5800X instead, you could save some money and get a basically identical system for gaming. Everything else in this parts list is what I would pick.

EDIT: Forgot you put a Windows 10 key in there. Go on eBay or some other key reseller and get the key there for like $10 rather than $100. Basically no one on here recommends buying a full price Windows key.