Not a Problem, but a question

I had 16 GB of ram in my system. I checked my system, and it usually used 10 GB of ram.

I upgraded to 32 GB of ram, and saw usage jump to 14-15 GB of ram. I am doing the same things as before.

Any ideas/theories why the amount of ram my system is using has gone up, when nothing has changed?

Check in Task Manager and filter from greatest to least and see what is eating up your RAM, unless it is hardware reserved. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Its interesting Firefox has two big chunks, WWAHost.exe, and for some reason a program connected to my printer. Despite my printer not being in active use.

Caching. Programs will store more things in memory when there's more memory available to use.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Only way to know for sure is to have the data from Task Manager from before you upgraded the RAM, and compare it to after you upgraded the RAM.

Consider yourself lucky if your use previously was ~10GB.  I could hit 12GB pretty regularly before I upgraded.  But I'm the clown who likes to keep 50 tabs open at the same time on 3 different browsers.

For what its worth my theory was that more RAM more catching.

Well I still have tons of ram to run new games on that in theory require 16 GB of ram to run.