First PC build on a budget

thediciman

Budget (including currency): $600 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA V, WATCH DOGS, RDR2, Minecraft, etc. Games in general, older and newer. Also consider using it for recording gameplay / streaming.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello everyone, need a bit of advice, as I've never done this before, just been watching tons of guides on YouTube from LTT and other channels.

I'm trying to build a PC for my younger brother, on a pretty tight budget - around $600, but I want it to be able to deliver a somewhat enjoyable gaming experience.

The parts that I was able to come up with are the following:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G - Wraith Stealth cooler included ($290)

RAM: Kingston FURY Beast, 16GB DDR4, 3200MHz CL16, Dual Channel Kit ($88)

MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II ($92)

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 S 500W ($63)

SSD: Kingston A400, 240GB, 2.5", SATA III ($38)

Case: Riotoro CR100TG RGB ($50)

That all comes to a total of around $620.

I would like to hear some advice regarding the specs, if there are parts that could be switched for something else. I picked the Ryzen 5600G because it seems like it's able to run most of the games at above 30 FPS with some tweaking in the graphics settings. As for storage, I have a 1TB HDD lying around that I'm planning to use in this build.

I have considered another MOBO option - the Gigabyte B550M DS3H ($75) which seems to have some advantages over the B450 from above and this would also allow for an upgrade for the PSU due to the lower price, but I am not sure if it's a good deal or not.

When GPU prices come down, eventually, I'm planning to also add a GPU in the build.

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, thediciman said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA V, WATCH DOGS, RDR2, Minecraft, etc. Games in general, older and newer. Also consider using it for recording gameplay / streaming.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello everyone, need a bit of advice, as I've never done this before, just been watching tons of guides on YouTube from LTT and other channels.

I'm trying to build a PC for my younger brother, on a pretty tight budget - around $600, but I want it to be able to deliver a somewhat enjoyable gaming experience.

I would like to hear some advice regarding the specs, if there are parts that could be switched for something else. I picked the Ryzen 5600G because it seems like it's able to run most of the games at above 30 FPS with some tweaking in the graphics settings. As for storage, I have a 1TB HDD lying around that I'm planning to use in this build.

I have considered another MOBO option - the Gigabyte B550M DS3H ($75) which seems to have some advantages over the B450 from above and this would also allow for an upgrade for the PSU due to the lower price, but I am not sure if it's a good deal or not.

When GPU prices come down, eventually, I'm planning to also add a GPU in the build.

Thank you!

go for it

Gigabyte B550M DS3H: go for it it is cheaper and it is 500 series

i would recomend a 500gb ssd because the os  needs space for updates to

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

7 minutes ago, thediciman said:

Thank you!

and do you have a windows 10 key?

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

24 minutes ago, thediciman said:

Go for the other Motherboard, the Gigabyte B550M DS3H should do the job good enough.

As for Ram, I think you can save a buck there. Try to get a kit with 3600MHz and CL16. If not, then CL18. iGPU graphics depend on fast memory and I've seen 3600MHz modules go for less then 88$, maybe you can get a crucial kit or one from g.skill or corsair.