I'm looking for a GPU

LostyCraft

Good Morning To All,

So I am a college student and I built a system a little too late. I have everything in the computer except a GPU and you can figure as to why. 

If anyone is selling a GPU around MSRP I could use it. I not getting the best gaming experience just using the integrated graphics of the i9-10850k. I am at the point now where I will gpu a Nvidia GT 1030 if someone isn't going to scalp it.

Very Respectfully, 

Nathan Collier

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!

Pretty sure the iGPU will actually run better than a 1030 so I don't quite recommend that. I'd recommend just waiting it out to find an MSRP 3070 or so. 

It doesn't, I get 12 fps on Destiny 2 and Ark can't run. Plus I'd rather have my CPU last longer when people start scalping CPU because it's coming. 128mb of vram can't run many games that I like to play. I can play games on Facebook and that's it.

Just now, LostyCraft said:

It doesn't, I get 12 fps on Destiny 2 and Ark can't run. Plus I'd rather have my CPU last longer when people start scalping CPU because it's coming. 128mb of vram can't run many games that I like to play. I can play games on Facebook and that's it.

OK, instead of buying a $100 GT 1030 I recommend buying a used Quadro k620 from ebay,

They are about $40 and offer the same performance. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234236492453?epid=218307934&hash=item3689953aa5:g:gZ8AAOSwtmRhaKTu

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

OK, instead of buying a $100 GT 1030 I recommend buying a used Quadro k620 from ebay,

They are about $40 and offer the same performance. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234236492453?epid=218307934&hash=item3689953aa5:g:gZ8AAOSwtmRhaKTu

Beggers can't be choosers, I guess I'm spending part of my budget that I have to work with. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, LostyCraft said:

I have like a $700 budget to work with so that's why I asked here.

Yeah, I'd say buy a cheap card for now then get a slightly better card down the line.

I scored a GTX 980 for $250 a few months ago on eBay so sometimes deals like that will come along, I'd say just keep checking auction sites and that sort of thing

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

Yeah, I'd say buy a cheap card for now then get a slightly better card down the line.

I scored a GTX 980 for $250 a few months ago on eBay so sometimes deals like that will come along, I'd say just keep checking auction sites and that sort of thing

I looked and all the cards for me are 1k plus.

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Are you outside the US? 

image.thumb.png.8801e24d6ea467f68e295ba95238fcb8.png

Are there options to buy them now?

Just now, LostyCraft said:

Are there options to buy them now?

Yes, but you'll get a lower price for bidding. Have you tried sorting by price lowest-highest? Seriously, I do recommend a GTX 980 or something along those lines as a nice stop gap. 

r/Hardwareswap is a good place to find decent deals. Ebay you either have to be lucky for bidding or pay scalper prices. With r/HWS you just have to keep checking. 

As a Side note, We have a classifies section that's available to users once they have 100 posts on the forums. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

-= Locked =-

The LTT Forums Classifieds section is accessible when you reach 100 post count.

Until then, WTB (Want To Buy) Topics are not allowed in the general public areas.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER