Noob question about setting up routers

Dr0idGh0sT

Hello,

I have to set up routers at my work.

My knowledge in networking is very low.

It will be 2 or 3 router, One will have security cameras connected, That one is already set up, But I do need to add 1 or 2 router just to use WiFi and have coverage in area I want.

Can I connect this 2 router to on with cable? Or do I have to have switch and set up routers as access point?

What will be easiest and cheapest way to set up this 2 router, So people who will work there can have internet access?

The router already set up is TP Link聽TL-WR940N and also, fastest connection possible is not necessary, If I'll lose some bandwidth it's not a problem.

1 hour ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

What will be easiest and cheapest way to set up this 2 router, So people who will work there can have internet access?

1. Convert the additional "routers" to operate in AP mode with unique static LAN IP addresses outside of the primary router's DHCP pool.
  2. Wire them over ethernet LAN-to-LAN to the primary router.
  3. Set up WiFi on each AP.

10 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:
  • Wire them over ethernet LAN-to-LAN to the primary router.
  • Set up WiFi on each AP.

I can do those steps, But I wasn't sure if I could use that WR940N router for this purpose or I needed to buy switch 馃

So, It won't be problem right?聽

3 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

I can do those steps, But I wasn't sure if I could use that WR940N router for this purpose or I needed to buy switch 馃

So, It won't be problem right?聽

You don't have to. The LAN ports on the WR940N operate like a switch.

Keep in mind that the speed on the WR940N's ethernet ports are restricted to 10/100Mbps. That's your bottleneck.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:59 PM, Falcon1986 said:

You don't have to. The LAN ports on the WR940N operate like a switch.

Keep in mind that the speed on the WR940N's ethernet ports are restricted to 10/100Mbps. That's your bottleneck.

Hello,

I have a problem.

Connected second router, But no internet access. Tried reseting it, It is stuck on "connecting".

Tried plugging cable to notebook directly and it works, But doesn't work when connecting to router. I'm doing something incorrect while setting up router right?

Screenshot_2.png

56 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Connected second router, But no internet access. Tried reseting it, It is stuck on "connecting".

Tried plugging cable to notebook directly and it works, But doesn't work when connecting to router. I'm doing something incorrect while setting up router right?

What LAN subnet is the primary router (WR940N) on? What is the DHCP range being used?

Just now, Falcon1986 said:

What LAN subnet is the primary router (WR940N) on? What is the DHCP range being used?

I could not figure out how to configure it and also seems like network is slower than should be on first router too, So I called ISP and they'll come check it out. Hopefully they know how to correctly configure it.

Thanks for your time.聽