Economical way to run Display and USB to Another Room

Derp812

Hello fellow tech friends! I've been a long time lurker of the website for tech tips, but couldn't find a super economical route for what I'm trying to accomplish. I have my PC downstairs in another room connected to a 4k TV where I do my couch gaming sessions. However, my office for work is located upstairs. I'd like to have a connection for both 4k display capabilities and run a USB connection for connecting peripherals in the upstairs room. It's about a 25 ft run. I've already ran cat 6 cable to the other room, but would prefer not to run 2 additional cables (USB and Display) although this is the only solution coming to mind. I've tried to use steam link for gaming in other areas of the home and it works pretty well I'm just not a fan of the video compression to attain a stable connection. I'd really just like to have direct connections to my PC for a quality, native experience. Do you guys think I should bite the bullet and run the cables, or is there a "docking" solution where I can run my video, USB, and network connection into the single, existing Ethernet cable. Then have a second "dock" upstairs to get my outputs. Any help would be appreciated!

If you don't want to spend a lot then just run the cable its the most economical option. There are solution to run HDMI through Ethernet with transmitter and receiver but they also compress and decompress the signal so it won't be native. Personally I would just run the cable

Are you using the SteamLink app? The SteamLink hardware (connected via Ethernet) has always worked fine for me.

Get an old pc and run remote desktop if you have a dell OptiPlex or anything else that is cheap but can run windows 10

42 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

If you don't want to spend a lot then just run the cable its the most economical option. There are solution to run HDMI through Ethernet with transmitter and receiver but they also compress and decompress the signal so it won't be native. Personally I would just run the cable

Yeah this is the route I'm thinking I'll have to go. Thanks for the input!